6: Friends

Trevor POV

"Jack, stop it!" Saylor shrieks as Jack tickles her. For the third time tonight. I understand that they're just friends, but I wish I was the one making her smile. She's just always so happy and full of life and I want to be someone who contributes to her happiness. I can't watch this anymore. I get up and go inside the Hughes's house and into their kitchen. I get a glass of water and sit at their island thinking of ways to make Saylor like me.

Saylor POV

Once my laughing calms down, I sit and zone out looking at the fire. I am thinking about how badly I want to go home. I love all of these people and I'm having fun, but sometimes I really need to just go home and recharge. With everything that has happened to me, it is good for me to know my limits. Trevor gets up to go inside, which snaps me out of my thoughts. UGH! What is this boy doing to me?

I wait a few minutes before getting up to go inside to "get something to drink." Before I go inside, I flash Peter, Britt, and Ansley my "don't follow me" look, hoping that they will cover for me and not come inside. I open the backdoor and walk into the kitchen. Trevor looks up at me and gives me a sad smile.

"Hey Trev," I say to him smiling. He smiles a little wider at that action. I begin fixing myself a glass of water when he replies, "Hi Say."

"What has you so down that you're sitting inside alone when all your friends are out there?" I say pointing outside. His face quickly drops when I ask him that question.

"I-uh-um- it's n- it's nothing," Trevor barely gets the words out while I sit next to him.

"It's clearly something. You can tell me Trev, we're friends," I tell him while rubbing his arm gently.

"Yeah... friends," Trevor mumbles under his breath. My mouth opens slightly as I look at him. He's looking at the floor and playing with his hands. I feel my mouth begin to dry up while thinking of what to say to THAT. I take a sip of water and look at him.

"What's wrong with friends?" I ask quietly. I know what's wrong with friends. I know he likes me. I know that I think he's an amazing person in every aspect. But I ask anyway, wanting to hear his answer.

Trevor sighs, looking back up at me. "What's wrong with friends....?" he ponders out loud, continuing, "Well, maybe it's that you are the happiest person I've ever met and you never fail to put a smile on my face. Maybe it's that you're so much smarter than you believe and you know all these cute nerd facts. Maybe it's that every day when you were texting me this week I was just getting more and more excited to see you tonight. Maybe it's that when I finally saw you, I couldn't give you the biggest hug you ever received. Maybe it's that you're truthfully the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Or maybe, just maybe, it's that I just really like you, and I don't want to be just friends and I know you don't feel the same way."

Um wow, holy shit. I do not know where to start. I knew he likes me but he's like... serious about it. So I do the only thing I can think to: I reply to the one thing he said that stuck out to me.

"Trevor that's not true," I start. He opens his mouth to interrupt me, but I continue, "I am most definitely not the happiest person you've ever met."

Trevor has a confused look on his face. He slowly and quietly says, "But... you're always so happy and laughing and smiling."

I let out a sarcastic laugh. Except it was partially real because that is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Probably ever. "That's all fake Trevor. Between you and me, I've wanted to leave since we got here. I can't be around this many people when I'm being fake happy. It's exhausting. I-," I get all of that out before I start to get choked up. I feel Trevor wrap his arms around me and I look at him.

"Shhh, it's ok. I'm here," he whispers. I try to wiggle free because I don't want to lead him on by accepting his affection.

"No, no. It's ok, Say. Friends," Trevor says softly before hugging me even tighter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is a little short but I'm probably updating tomorrow with a new chapter. I just felt like that was an intense ending to the chapter because she started to open up hahaha

Remember to comment and vote I love you all thank you for 100 reads by the way <3