eight

╮champs╰

╮champs╰

Hayden walked beside Charlie as the team walked through the North Stars arena.

"What are we doing here?" Charlie asked Bombay as they stood beside the open door to the ice rink.

"It's a little play-offs present," Bombay replied, smiling at him.

"Little? Bombay this is huge!" Hayden told him, star-struck as she watched as her favorite players come off the ice.

"Gordon Bombay, right?" One of the players asked, shaking Bombay's hand as he and another player approached them.

"You remember me?" Bombay asked, shocked.

"You know him?" Hayden asked the player, absolutely star-struck that her coach and the pro-player knew each other.

"Sure, from pee-wees." He turned to the player beside him and said, "This guy used to rule in pee-wees."

"Oh yeah? I heard you were a farmer." The second player said.

"Actually I became a lawyer. But I'm coaching pee-wee now and this is my team, The Ducks." Bombay explained, motioning to the team behind him. "Ducks, this is Basil McRae and Mike Modano."

"Well duh, Bombay, we know!" The team said, obviously knowing the two players.

"Hey Ducks, listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about." The original player said to the team before turning to Bombay. "If you ever want a shot, let me know. I'll get you a tryout with the minor league club."

"Thanks," Bombay said appreciatively, shaking his hand before he walked away.

"Alright, let's have some fun!" Bombay said, pushing his team out to the ice once all the players were off.

Getting bored of just skating around aimlessly, Hayden sought after people to race board to board with, her eyes landing on Adam who was standing off to the side, a lonely look on his face.

"Hey, Banks! Come race me!" Hayden called out to him, waving him over.

"You scared Banks?" Hayden asked, a smile filling her voice as he stopped beside her.