three

╮cheater, cheater╰

╮cheater, cheater╰

Hayden, Connie, Guy, and Charlie walked to Charlie's apartment from Mickey's diner having eaten there after school. The four walked with backpacks thrown over their shoulders and books in their arms. The four friends had a history test the next day and usually always studied together to make studying easier and more fun.

An hour and a half into taking turns quizzing each other over vocab words, making up questions from the study guide and asking them, and reading about ancient Egyptian culture in their open textbooks, Charlie looked up from all the scattered papers and open books on his kitchen table and glanced between the two girls and boy he called his best friends. "How do you guys feel about our practice yesterday?" He asked the three, catching their attention.

"What do you mean, Charlie?" Hayden asked, tilting her head and furrowing her eyebrows, leaning forward as she put her elbows on the table.

"Coach making us learn to fake falls just to cheat. I mean, I'd rather be honest and lose than be a cheater and win." Charlie explained, disappointed that their coach wouldn't actually help them get better.

"I don't like him at all. He's always awful to us. He's a jerk!" Guy commented, in full agreement with Charlie. "I wonder if he has any friends." He mumbles under his breath, turning back to the papers in front of him, writing things down on his page of notes.

"If he's forced to be here, he could at least try to make us better," Connie said, shutting her book and laying her head on in.

The next game was an entire mess. Everyone was falling any and every time an opposing player got near them, sometimes unintentionally making it obvious that the fall was fake. Goldberg even took a fall with someone shooting at him.

"Goldberg!" Bombay whined as the goaltender skated over to him.

"What?" He snapped, tired of being embarrassed game after game.

"Don't take the fall while they're shooting at you!" Bombay explained, exasperated.

"Oh. Well, I guess you didn't explain that very well then did you?" Goldberg asked, continuing his walk into the box.

"District 5," the ref started, skating up to the coach. "cut the acting crap. One more time and I forfeit to the Jetts."