Death of a Bachelorette (Chapter 44)

Začať od začiatku

The virus mostly effected people with weak or not as developed immune systems, or people who already had underlying illnesses; babies/young children, and people with respiratory issues. Unfortunately, that accounted for a lot of the older generation family members and any of the families that had small children.

Because the symptoms of the virus were so closely related to that of a cold, the flu, and pneumonia, anyone who showed even the slightest of sickness, were in contact with someone sick, or anyone with fears of possible sickness, were asked to stay at home for their own safety and that of anyone who wasn't sick.
The Social Distancing Order was not as in effect as it was a few months ago, but people were still being cautious.

Maya was dead serious about keeping people safe from the virus. She had all of the staff and people who were to be in attendance tested before showing up for the big day.

Did that cost a lot of deneros? Hell yes, but because her attendance plummeted so drastically early on, the money that she now is saving on a smaller wedding went to testing kits for everyone. That, and her family is extremely loaded and affluential. Like politicians and people within various industries.

Let's also not forget that the Matthews family aren't exactly poor either. And any other money that was saved will go into a honeymoon savings when she and Dakota can finally travel again.

This wedding extravaganza went from the original 206 people in attendance, to now only roughly 100.

You're probably thinking, "Damn! How do they know so many people?! I don't even have two friends I can invite to my own house!" Well, Maya in addition to coming from money, also comes from a very large Dominican and Afro-Latinx family and she is the second to get married out of her six siblings.

Dakota comes from a moderately sized family, but most of them are on the older side, so a lot of them won't be in attendance. All in all, Dakota probably has about 40 people coming from his side of the family and friends, and the rest are her family and friends.

So, with all this being said, Maya was a bridzilla today. This wedding almost didn't get to happen for the two of them because of the madness of the pandemic. Even though we're here on the day, I think she still had a fear that she wasn't going to finally be able to take the last name of her male best friend, the love of her life, Dakota Matthews.

Me, being her female best friend and maid of honor, had to try and instill some calm within her so she didn't come off as a bitch to her guests or the workers.

"Maya, we need to finish getting you ready for your big moment! Allow the wedding planners to do their jobs, and you do yours which is looking glorious and marrying Dakota," I say trailing after her trying to turn her wrath from the employees to something productive.

"What are you talking about? If I wanted to, I could show up just like this!" Maya swiftly turned to me to reveal what her appearance looked like today.

Haggard. It was haggard.

"Mmhmm, girl, yeah, I'm sure you could because we all are aware that Dak has seen you like this and in your bonnet before, but other than your family, a couple of your brides maids, and him, no one has seen you like this, and they shouldn't."

"What are you trying to say Nova?"

"You look rough, girl. Like the inside of those jagged crystals and rocks you like so much, rough."

"Well damn bitch, if that's the way you feel. Fine, let's go get ready."