chapter 6

I would like to take a moment and ask, are you people able to understand the first person narrative? If there's any issue feel free to put forward your opinion.

It is going to be her in her pov from now on :)

Happy reading 💕
_______________________________________

Shehnaaz
_______________________________________

Rohan was surprised when I joined our hands. He has such a good heart , I am afraid I might break it. Which is why I was so skeptical to say yes to him. But getting hurt in love cannot be avoided . Can it?

I see how his lips turns into a full fledged smile and I find myself returning it. He entangles our fingers together, making the grip tighter. I turn, his hand still in mine to find Sidharth staring at us and then at our joined hands with shock written all over his face. The small smile I had begin to have faded as soon as it landed on the pained expression in his eyes. May be he is guilty for whatever happened. I know he was hurt when I shouted at him to leave my house but I was blinded by rage. I am angry. Still. But more disappointed. He wasn't the man I thought he was that made me fall for him . He was man who did not understand my feelings towards him . I pass him a short sad smile and I grip Rohan's hands which I had just been holding losely till now and move . Rohanpreet trotting behind. I don't know how Sidharth feels or what he is doing now . My back faced him as my new found hope walks along me to the building compound where it is relatively quiet.

Rohan looks up at me, giving me a confused smile. I chuckle. He's cute indeed.

"Thank you for understanding me Shehnaaz . I know it is difficult but I really needed this chance" he says bringing my hands upto his lips , kissing my knuckles. "I promise I'll give it my best"

He says it so sincerely that my heart wants to believe it. That it all still is going to be okay. That may be I'll be happier without what every cell in my body years for. I sigh, letting my shoulders drop but I smile at him nonetheless. Assuring him that I believe him even if I had no faith left within me.

Rohanpreet scratches the back of his head , biting down his lip in indecision . I don't know what he's thinking. I'm almost about to ask him when he dips his head and I'm horrified knowing what he had in his mind. He isn't wrong. He has the rights to kiss me if we're in a relationship but I'm not read. Not yet. And I curse my existence when I see the look of hurt on his features as he moves his head back up sensing my refrain.

"Rohan I'm really sorry..I didn't mean--'' he cuts me off , grabbing my face in his hands and kissing the top of my head instead. His understanding will break my heart one day.

"It's fine, I get it. You're tired. Go home. Take rest. I'll come tomorrow. Okay?'' he says softly and then turns to make his way out of the building. He doesn't look back . Not once. I wonder if he was hiding the hurt and curse myself again.

I make my way towards my flat , taking the stairs . Yeah.. I'm working on my health. Being cute is okay but fitness matters too. Especially if I want to have a break into Bollywood.
Halfway across my path I feel as though someone is following me. Like there is that lurking thought at the back of my head which as much as I choose to ignore , doesn't go away.

When I look around , there's no one and the lobby is empty. just my Nerves.

I turn the key in the turn and open the door to my flat and sigh when I see broken vases , glass peices , cutlery, jars and basically every other thing I threw at Sidharth two days back. Yeah right, I did not clean the mess because I was too angry , sad and frustrated to do anything apart from weeping louding into my pillows.