Stuff's got real

It has been thirty minutes since you found the ship. You are showing Leo around while Anna and Tracy are talking to Rasmus. He is amazed at what you found.

"So lad can you show me what spooked Rasmus?" Leo asks. You take him to the spot where the alien corpse is. Only it's not there. There is a sudden and loud thud. You jump but Leo isn't fazed.

"Don't worry It will be fine," Leo is trying to reassure you but with the corpse gone, you can't be sure. It turns out that the thud belonged to Tracy's boots.

"Sorry 'bout that," She remarks.

"So Rasmus said there was a corpse," Tracy announces. You and Leo give each other concerned glances. There is another loud thud. You flinch this time. An ominous hiss rings through the ship. You assume that would be the alien you found. Another thud. This time Anna and Rasmus have joined you. Something tells you that it may not have been a good idea that they did. Again Rasmus goes further into the ship. You hesitate but you decide to follow him.

"Rasmus wait," You call out. Thirty seconds later you have reached his location.

"So what do you think this ship is for?" Rasmus ponders aloud.

"I don't know but there is something telling me that we should go," You respond. Before you can do anything something hits you in the back of the head. You can feel consciousness slipping away from you.

"Jay?" Rasmus calls out as he struggles against the thing that hit you. You fall to the ground. Consciousness having finally left your body. An hour later you wake up in the med bay with the severe pain in the back of your neck. Rasmus is lying peacefully in the bed next to you but he is in worse shape than you. You slowly get up so you don't aggravate the pain in your neck.

"Jay I would lay down if I were you," Anna looks up from what she was doing. She is right, it was a bad idea. You are hit with another wave of extreme pain. You lay back down.

"So what happened after I was struck?" You decide to get the full story. You also check the painful spot on your neck. It is covered by a bandage so you give up.

"Well Tracy and Leo were checking out the cockpit then I heard Rasmus call out your name and by the time I reached you you had both fallen unconscious," She explains. That explains a few things. Pierre storms into the med bay. He is mad.

"Anna I think we might need to send Jay and Rasmus to the medical hub to get checked out," Pierre remarks. You assume they have been having this argument for a while.

"Since Jay is awake we only need to send Rasmus," Anna finally gives in.

"And anyway you could have gone over my head and sent them anyway," She is right they are both doctors so it wouldn't matter. They start getting you both ready for the move. You get the feeling that there is more. Pierre carefully pulls you up.

"Thank you," you respond. He starts looking for something. Whilst he is buried in his search Rasmus starts convulsing. Pierre and Anna focus their attention on him. They get some stuff ready. They are about to inject the medication but you stop them.

"Wait Rasmus is fine but it's hard to explain,"

"What do you mean?" Pierre responds. Obviously he is sceptical. You are thinking of how you could explain this to him but you are overcome by a sudden wave of pain. As soon as it comes over you it stops. So does Rasmus' convulsing. Five minutes later you are in the main living area and you are thinking about today's events.

"So you are saying that you felt a physic connection," Tracy remarks as the team gathers around you. You feel the weight of the world pushing down on you.

"When Rasmus was convulsing I could feel that he was fine but something was trying to get control," You know what you are saying is weird but there is nothing you can do about it. You are overcome by another burst of pain. Again it's short. Tracy sighs.

"Anna, Pierre what are your opinions?" Tracy asks. They glance at each other.

"It's possible but it is extremely rare as in a one in a billion change," Anna answers for both of them. Leo enters the main dining area where the interrogation is taking place.

"I Had a look at the ship and I can say it is definitely not Airbus, Boeing or Bombardier," He confirms. He places a piece of metal on the desk. Something makes you flinch out on sheer paranoia.

"Steady there ladie whatever this chunk of metal is it definitely won't hurt you," Leo flashes a recurring glance.

"I don't think that was Jay," Rasmus responds. He is a bit shaky on his feet. He sits down next to you. Leo has a confused look on his face.

"What are we going to do now?" Pierre asks. Glances run through the group.

"We wait for the Russians and fill them in then we make up our minds," Tracy announces. You get up to get some food to pass the time.

"Would You guys like anything," You offer. Ten minutes later you have made the food and you are in your room writing some stuff for your boss. You start to hear indistinct whispers. It bothers you but you decide to ignore it.

"Jay," the whispers become more distinct. You try your best to ignore it but as the whispers become more distinct you are struggling.

"Leave me alone," You mutter. You feel like you have a mental disorder. The whispers suddenly stop as the door to your room swings open. It's one of the Russains.

"Would you be Jay Borman by any chance?" He asks.

"Yes that's right," You respond. He puts his stuff down and makes himself comfortable.

"My name is Yuri Parlov. I heard you were having issues," He decides to make small talk but you don't really want to talk about it yet. You nod as you go back to writing your report.