Chapter 1: A Hard Choice, Help Me!

Start from the beginning

"Next time you're awake, do fetch me a meal please." The wife asked before going asleep.

"Hmph." The husband acknowledged with his usual grunt she was so used to.

*****

When I regained my sense of self, I immediately began flowing my mana again. It felt a lot harder this time around, but I kept it up. It is basically the only thing I can do in this situation that I chose for myself.

If I had to put it, it was like cultivation but without any external ingredients to help with it. I just had to build up my mana and spread it. Follow directions in situations you don't know what to do in.

Follow the voice's directions.

...10 minutes...

...30 minutes...

...1 hour...

...Ah! There it is again, that feeling! Ooh! It feels so good!

Once the feeling stopped, the feeling inside of me felt a tad bit harder than before to break down and spread around. But nonetheless, I continued to break it down and spread it.

I continued to do this for who knows how long. Feelings of pleasure when I broke through, only for the next one to take longer and longer, being harder and harder.

I did hear voice like mumbles from outside the shell. Hm? Since when could I hear? Did I develop enough to where I can now hear?

"...-ame...ling?" A muffled female voice resounded in my shell.

There was a reply coming from a different direction, but it was only a sound.

Ah, whatever. I just need to continue doing this activity of mine.

Pleasure after pleasure, what was this, number 10? I heard a familiar voice.

"Detected adequate level of strength to activate the next prerecorded message. Scanning length of time elapsed. Completed. Playing log, now." The autonomous voice said.

"Hello, little Healing Dragon! Wow! 4 months in, and you are already so strong! I set for the autonomous voice to only scan your body's strength every 4 months. I never expected for you of all dragons to be able to become as strong as a newborn baby dragon so soon in development! In all honesty I am not even sure if this message will be played, but as per protocol, I have to record it just in case you do develop to such length so soon..."

Wow... So I am not even expected to develop this far as a healing dragon? And only 4 months have passed?

"Continuing from where I left off 4 months ago, I now give you permission to expel that feeling inside of you. I didn't want you to do it before because there have been records of harmful developments to the children should they expel it sooner than at a certain level of strength. If you hadn't reached to the level that you are now until you were about to hatch, I would have still been waiting for you to reach a certain threshold of strength before the message came."

Okay...

"Now before I get to instructing you to expelling the feeling, you know what? It's tiring calling it that, let's just call it by it's name: "Mana.""

I guessed it right!

"Let's review over that sense of strength. That feeling is instinctually released from your brain when your strength doubles. Even when you are born, even if you don't train your mana, it will naturally spread and develop. Focusing on training it does it faster, and with better effect than just waiting for it to happen on it's own."