11 | water fight

scenario, it is hOT and so to distract yourselves from homework, a water fight breaks out - 900 words
warnings, cussing oop, euphemisms¿ flustered peter 0_0
pairing, high schooler! reader
- had an accidental water fight with my friends today and i was inspired//ALSO BIG VIBES OF TOM'S LIP SYNC BATTLE

•.•.•

as the weekend rolled around, you and peter planned to have a study date as decathlon was this week.

it's not like you needed to study, you were both the biggest brainiacs on the team. you just wanted to be safe that you could ensure the win and so putting in equal efforts like the rest of the team wasn't a biggie.

so here you were, sat opposite peter as you worked outside in your garden. the sun was so inviting that you couldn't resist working outside.

"remind me, what's the most abundant gas in the earth's atmosphere?" peter says, looking over at you. his blue checkered top that's draped over his shoulders isn't buttoned up as his bare chest is subtly displayed.

you grin at him. "nitrogen, lovey."

he blushes deeply, chuckling at your nickname. "yeah, y/n. you got it."

"thanks, pete" you say. he flicked though his textbook trying to find another topic to test you on. he struggles of course, but he admires your intelligence.

you notice the small crease on his forehead as some sweat beads beside it. as much as he liked the sun, his body wasn't made for it. you suppose it comes from his powers, some spiders prefer the cold.

your eyes dart over to your hose and a couple of plastic water guns tossed below it. "how about we take a break?" you ask him.

he peers up, trying to see if there's any mischief behind your eyes. it's in your nature to be a trickster, something he loved about you as it brought him many happy memories.

but there's one thing you know about peter parker, that he is far too trusting.

he nods. "sure, i'm just going to finish section 2a, if that's okay?"

"yeah, that's fine" you giggle before getting up.

you hadn't kissed peter. you hadn't talked about your feelings towards him. in fact, you called this a study date whereas you'd think he'd call it a friendly gathering of the study kind. today, you wanted to blow off some frustrated steam and have a lil fun.

you tiptoed over to the water fun, shaking it as the water inside sloshed about. of course, you knew about peter's spidey senses, so taking a shot from afar wouldn't risk him catching you at all.

the gun worked a treat as it's powerful projection hit peter on the back of the head. he turned around with a gasp and saw you guilty giggling with the weapon in your clutches.

"y/n" he spoke, shaking out his wet head. "you're dead!"

he ran over to you as you continued to squirt him, his bare chest getting more wet as he threw off his shirt not caring about any sense of decency.

"damn, strip it down, parker!"

"sHUT UP Y/N!"

you ran away before he could catch you and before you knew it, he had equipped himself with a similar gun. it was less powerful, but it had multiple shooters.

he got you right in the face as you both continued the playful antics.

before long, your gun ran out. he cornered you, pumping the nozzle for ultimate showdown when you decided to throw the plastic toy as a distraction. "the fuck was that for?"

you hurled yourself to the hose and switched it on.

one things for sure, nothing beats a hose.

peter was drenched within seconds as he finally took the consequence and let you get him completely and utterly soaked. he danced around making you giggle and wolf whistle. you very much enjoyed the sight.

unfortunately, your laughing weakened you as you curled over, clutching your stomach. peter seized the opportunity and yanked the hose from your grip, getting you wet..

"peter, you fuck!"

instead of taking it like a champ how peter did, you ran around screaming bloody murder. "y/n, your neighbours!"

"stop soaking me tHEN!"

"but it's so much fun" he smirked. after a few minutes of you deciding it couldn't get much worse, you danced for him back. "yas, y/n!" he cheered before switching off the hose.

you were both dripping, peter topless whilst your top was now see through. peter caught a glimpse of your bra before looking away flustered. he fancied the pants off of you, but remained a respectful boy.

you grabbed some towels, attempting to dry yourselves. "well, that was fun."

"i'm always fun" you smiled, a stroke of confidence radiating off of you.

yet the ground had become slippery, so when you tried to move, your feet gave out underneath you. luckily, peter and his super human reflexes caught you as he held you close in your towel.

he was so close to your face as you looked into his brown eyes. his curls stuck lanky to his forehead as his as your eyes flitted. between his lips. "glad i caught you-"

"i like you" you foolishly blurted.

peter halted his cheesy pickup line and let your words sink in. he was taken a back for sure, but he was thinking of ways to express the same feelings he carried.

"like a lot, a lot. and i was getting so annoyed at myself for not saying or doing anything about it but, now seems kinda perfect. unless, it's really fucking not."

"y/n. i really like you too" he smiled, squeezing your side.

you shrugged, interested in how this would pan out. "huh, well that's good news."

"can i kiss you-"

but he was cut off from your eager lips. god, your wait was worth it.