Chapter 9

Obi-Wan sat in his quarters, still thinking about and meditating on what he had seen with Ahsoka exactly a week ago. There had been a lull in the war, and Obi-Wan had been able to remain in the Temple, devoting most of his time to trying to figure out this vision. He still couldn't make sense of it. He wanted to dismiss it as a bad nightmare, as it clearly depicted 3 of Ahsoka's greatest fears: Anakin being disappointed in her, Anakin dying, and her not being able to prevent/stop his death. However, something was telling him it wasn't just a dream, and that what he saw was important.

He hadn't heard from Ahsoka since the incident, which was probably a good sign. If she had learned something new, she would have contacted him right away. Little did he know, that Ahsoka was about to uncover something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka was sitting on the couch of her and Lux's apartment, snuggled up against him watching a movie.

"I'm glad we worked everything out," she whispered to him, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Me too d'bhem. Me too," he said plating a kiss on her lekku. This caused Ahsoka to smile up at him and snuggle closer.

They both turned their attention back to the movie. Ahsoka felt warm and safe in Lux's arms, and she soon nodded off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka awoke and all she could see was black. She got up to walk around, but was stopped by an invisible object. She followed the wall to the right, and reached a corner. She soon realized she was in a room, but couldn't see anything.

"Ahsoka Tano," said a voice that she didn't recognize. The voice sounded old and raspy. She whipped around, trying to locate the origins of the voice."Ahsoka Tano," the voice repeated.

"Who are you?" she questioned, "Show yourself!"

The voice just let out a maniacal laugh. "Execute Order 66."

Ahsoka stood there confused. Order 66? What is that? Before she could think further, she saw Rex and some of the other 501st appear, but something was wrong. They were all pointing their blasters at her.

"R-Rex... what's going on?"

"Good soldiers follow orders," was the only response she got. His voice didn't sound like his though, it sounded empty, almost like he was possessed or under some kind of spell.

"Rex? Rex what's going on? Snap out of it!"

Rex shook his head, but didn't lower his blaster. "Fives..." was all he muttered, but his voice sounded more like his.

"Rex what about Fives? He was killed over a year ago." Ahsoka said solemly.

"Find him..." was all Rex said before firing his blaster at her. She screamed, but nothing happened. 

Everything had gone black again, but the nightmare wasn't over. There was suddenly an unbearable pain in her head, as she heard people yelling in pain. She could feel their pain coursing through her body. Finally, she could no longer bear it, she broke down and screamed clutching her head and falling to her knees.

"Ahsoka! AHSOKA!" she heard a voice yell. She could tell whoever it was was very concerned. "Ahsoka wake up! Don't leave me now..."

Ahsoka didn't hear anything else, as everything went quiet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahsoka! AHSOKA!" Lux screamed. Ahsoka had started shaking and fell to the ground. She was now screaming in pain. Lux was worried that something was seriously wrong with her. For the first time ever, he was scared that he was going to lose her. He always thought it would be in the line of battle, but never here.

He quickly rushed to Ahsoka's room and found her secret comm. "Master Kenobi! Master Skywalker! Is anyone there? Something's wrong with Ahsoka and I don't know what to do!" Lux could feel the tears falling down his face.

"Lux I'm on my way" he heard Anakin say. He could clearly sense the fear and concern in the young Jedi's voice.

"As am I," Obi-Wan's voice came through the comm. He was clearly calmer than Anakin, although Lux could tell he was still concerned. "Just stay with Ahsoka, and  make sure she stays alive."

"Okay," Lux choked out between sobs. He put the comm back and rushed back over to Ahsoka.

"Ahsoka wake up! Don't leave me now... I love you," this was all he was able to get out before he completely broke down. He buried his face in her shirt. "Ahsoka..." he mumbled out.

Suddenly Anakin came bursting through the door, followed by Obi-Wan. They saw Lux on the ground with Ahsoka, and rushed to them.

"AHSOKA!" Anakin yelled.

Obi-Wan, being more level headed, tried to figure out what had happened. "Lux, I need to know everything that happened."

Lux nodded. "Well, we were just watching a movie together, when she fell asleep. Suddenly she began shaking and fell off the couch. Then she screamed, and went silent and stopped shaking."

"She's barely got a pulse. Obi-Wan we need to act NOW!" Anakin said panicked. He was worried that he was going to lose another person close to him, and felt helpless. There was nothing he could do.

Obi-Wan looked deep in thought. "Well, normally we would take her to the Halls of Healing, but she's no longer a Jedi, so we can't take her there."

"Obi-Wan I don't care if she's technically not a Jedi anymore! She dedicated 15 years of her life to the Order, and the Council's lack of trust is why she's gone! The least they can do is help make sure she's okay!"

"Anakin we could get in trouble. We could be expelled from the Order." Obi-Wan said calmly, trying to be the voice of reason as he was so often with Anakin.

"I don't care! I'll take the fall for it! I told her I would NEVER let anything happen to her, and I fully intend to keep that promise!" Anakin said, his voice full of passion.

Obi-Wan sighed. He knew there was nothing he could do to stop Anakin when he had his mind set like this. To be honest, he wanted to take Ahsoka to the Halls of Healing too. She was like a daughter to him. The only semblance of family he had outside of Anakin.

"Fine, let's take her, but I'm not letting you take the fall for this. We're both getting in trouble, and with me to vouch for it, there's a better chance the Council will let us off easy."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's hurry!" Lux had stayed silent while Obi-Wan and Anakin were bickering, but was eager to save his beloved.

The Jedi turned to the young senator and nodded. They all took off, making their way to the Jedi Temple.