30. Lady In Red

Lady in red,
Is dancing with me,
There's nobody here,
It's just you and me,
And I hardly know this beauty by my side,
But I never will forget,
The way you looked,
Tonight

- Chris de Burdh

There I stood in front of a mirror with my reflection staring back at me. I was wearing an all black attire which consisted of a perfectly tailored 3-piece Brioni suit paired with a Jason of Beverly Hills shoe. I looked dashing to say the least.

Putting on my mask I walked into the ballroom court.

Different people in different attires walked around the court making the room a beautiful spectrum of colours.

From black attires like the one I wore to very questionable colours like neon green and some shades of blues that were too bright for my eyes to behold.

I walked in further and saw someone I knew,
Despite his mask I could still recognise him.

I could see my best friend Nuriux standing by the buffet table placing different pieces of finger food on his plate.

I silently chuckled, a normal person would go ahead to fraternize with other people but my best friend would rather gobble down food than actually hang out with people, sometimes even me.

I walked over to him and patted his shoulder

"Really dude? The party has barely begun and you're scarfing down food"

He replied "Hey, I didn't want to come but you forced me to, so I get to do whatever I want"

I couldn't help but shake my head at him in amusement

"You seriously need a girlfriend" I laughed

"I already have one. This beautiful plate right here"

I decided to leave him before I lost a couple of my brain cells.

So for the next hour or so I walked and talked with a few people, those I knew and those I didn't.

I normally didn't come to these kind of events because being the CEO of the largest tech company in the world took most of my time,

But something that I couldn't quite place my finger on drew me towards this one and I couldn't tell why for the life of me.

So I sat there watching and waiting for something unknown, something I didn't know of.

And as fate would have it I didn't have to wait long.

A few minutes later, the double doors of the room opened and in walked the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

She was wearing a flowing red dress with a cut out neck line and a dangerously low back. Her hair shone like a river of molten gold.

Damn that mask for obstructing me from seeing her face but I could tell she was by far the most prettiest woman in this room.

She had every single person in the room staring at her. I looked around the room and I knew what they were thinking. Most men wanted to have her, most women were jealous of her.

And I knew I'd rather die than let any other man in this room make a move before I did. Dammit! She will be mine and mine alone.

I walked up to the lady in red and whispered

"Dance with me?"

She smiled at me

"I'd be happy to"