23. Punishment for Loving Him (Part 2)

I don't know how they know,
But they always do,
And maybe when it's your time to leave this world,
You will too
- MJ.

This part will be written in Kyle's POV
(Hannah's Husband).

My love,

I miss you,
It's been a year since they took you away from me and it still feels like yesterday.

You'd told me this would happen before but nothing ever prepares you for the death of your loved one.

I remember the day I first laid my eyes on you at the library. You walked into the room and I felt your presence before I saw you.

You looked so pretty in your crop top and that blue ripped jeans. Basically, you were the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen.

To ever walk the surface of this earth in fact.

I wondered endlessly why a beautiful woman like you would visit this library full of geeks

And it pains me to the bones that you didn't get to see our little kids become the good people you always hoped they'd be. You won't ever get to see your little bundles of joy grow up.

It's a year exactly today.

23rd of March

The day you'd been taken from me.

But you knew. You knew they were coming for you.

I remember when we had that conversation.

When you told me that you were from the Planet Quazon, that you weren't human. I could see the fear in your eyes, fear that I'd leave you because of something so trivial.

You told me that the council wouldn't let you live. The council of Quazon, comprising of powerful men and women and one of them was your father. He was the leader of the council and he wouldn't let this act go.

Despite the love he had for you, the remaining council members would force his hand.

Your days were numbered right from the moment you'd started loving me.

And you knew,

Yet you loved with all your heart and lived like everyday would be your last, because it very well could.

I remember everything, Hannah or should I say Araetimis, that was your real name.

Every single memory is imprinted in my mind and nothing in the world or any world could take them away from me.

I remember the way you laughed every time I made a silly or bad joke. How you'd tease me of my love for comics but you secretly loved them.

I remember the taste of your lips on my skin, every single kiss that always managed to leave me breathless.

Hell, you'd leave any man breathless. Even the most powerful men who ruled earth would bow and worship at your feet without hesitation.

I remember the fury in your eyes when your sister tried to kill me.

They always said "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" That day I understood the meaning of that phrase.

I watched as you defended me and almost killed your sister over me. Your twin sister, Araelas