Ch. 17 Bubbles' Dilemma

"When 'I' is replaced by 'we', even 'illness' becomes 'wellness'."
* * *

~Camille's POV~

"You gotta pipe the hell down toddler," Drew hissed in annoyance, holding his head with both of his hands as he stared at Kylie.

I snorted as quietly as possible, my eyes bouncing from Drew to Kylie over and over again.

Gotta admit, although I wasn't quite thrilled to come here in the first place, these two and their constant feuds were keeping me entertained. They were as hilarious as always.

"You hid them from me! I know you did 'cause you always do!" Kylie pounced on him brusquely, grasping his shirt in her weak little hands in a threatening manner. "Where did you hide my dolls, Drew?!"

"I did not hide your goddamn dolls kiddo! Why would I even do that? Get off of me," he begged miserably, letting his head fall backwards.

Kylie's eyes flashed with hatred as she climbed off of her brother reluctantly. Her hands curled up into fists at her sides and, standing in front of both Drew and I, she turned towards the kitchen door with a frown.

"MOOOOOM!" she shrieked in a quite high-pitched tone, clearly pissed. Both Drew and I's hands flew upwards to cover our ears immediately, and we cringed backwards at her sudden burst of anger.

Wow. What a loud little person.

I wasn't aware that much power could be held in such a small body.

All of her friends dressed in princess dresses, who were gathered up in a circle a few feet away from Kylie as they waited to go and play, cringed when she shrieked, wincing apprehensively until they understood where the sound came from.

Instantly, Elise came running from the kitchen breathlessly, her previously worried expression changing into one of the utmost relief and relaxation as soon as she laid eyes on her daughter.

"You can't do that, Kylie! You'll kill me someday," she stated exaltedly, letting out a sharp breath as she pressed her hand to her chest.

"But mom, Drew hid my dolls again!" she accused hotly, pointing a revealing finger at her grinning brother.

I elbowed him discretely, shaking my head at him once he'd looked my way. But he just shrugged it off, not really caring anymore.

To be honest, he had a point. It wasn't worth it to take this type of situations seriously considering how painfully often they happened. Any time I came here they'd have a ridiculous fight over something she wants or demands, and no one should get all worked-up over it. Not anymore.

Rolling my eyes, I laid on my back and sighed, taking a sip from my coke as I stared at the ceiling. The events that had gone down the previous night had me completely drowned with an overwhelming feeling I just can't take anymore. The party had been - besides a huge surprise - straight-up awesome. It had kicked ass. The food, the drinks, the decoration... everything regarding those had gone down perfectly, and I couldn't have asked for something better.

But then on the other hand, there was Justin.

Much as I hated to admit it, he was the reason I was still not even half over last night.

God, sometimes I hate boys so much.

Why is it so easy for him to make me feel so weird? I just don't get it, it doesn't seem fair at all!

I shook my head in slight annoyance, looking around the animated childish party.

I missed this sometimes; the feeling of a completely carefree lifestyle. No tests, no waking up early for school, no teenage girl drama, no general drama, no boys... Everything was much better ten years ago.