Ch. 15 Princesses Shall Never Cry

Songs for this chapter: Fall by Justin Bieber

* * *

"Surprise!"

Holding a hand to my chest, I gasped loudly as a reflex, my eyes landing on the huge amount of people in disguises smiley foolishly in front of me as they clapped happily.

Breathing heavily, I frowned towards them all. "What is going on?" I spoke shakily, walking forwards slowly.
My mom approached me quickly, smiling with notorious glee.

"Surprise honey!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands out.

Just then, realization hit me.

That was a birthday party.

My seventeenth birthday-disguise party, to be exact. The one she had canceled and now for some reason thrown anyway.

"Oh God," I muttered, hugging her tightly. "Is this a party?"

"Yes!" she shouted over the music that was now playing. "Your party! Listen," she said, setting her hand on my shoulder, "I know it was kinda mean for me to cancel such a special party honey, and so I talked to your aunt, to your uncle, and we decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea to re-arrange it all for you today! After all, the invitations were already printed, and most part of your classmates had already gotten disguises," she stated, jabbing a finger over her shoulder.

Looking towards the pointed direction, a big smile made its way to my face as I spotted - between many others - Katie and Britney, waving excitedly towards me.

"Thank you so much mom," I breathed out, hugging her one last time.

"No problem Millie," she giggled, pulling away. "Like my outfit?" she wondered out loud, motioning towards her fairy disguise.

I laughed loudly, nodding.

"Gorgeous," I sang, high-fiving her shortly before she walked away.

After greeting and thanking everybody for coming, I found myself laughing at something a bunch of friends had just said, sipping from a pink-ish drink I got from the bar service my mom had hired for the night. Just a couple minutes had gone by, but I was already having an amazing time, and for what I saw, everybody else was, too.

"So what are you dressing up as?" Cassidy asked curiously.

I shrugged, motioning at myself. "This I guess. I didn't know this was going to happen so I don't have anything to wear," I explained.

"But I bet you can find something up in your room! I mean, mix a couple clothes and put some extra makeup on and boom! You're a clown," Molly laughed, making me chuckle back.

"Yeah I guess," I nodded, leaving my drink up on the nearest table. "I'll see you in a second, gonna go look for something up there now," I announced, barely before walking away.

Once I had reached the stairs, I ran upstairs and sneaked into my walk-in closet instead of my room, knowing that that'd make it way faster and simpler.

But as I went through my drawers and hangers, I sadly could find nothing. Yes, there were lots of colorful and fun shirts and pants, but none made the cut to a clown disguise.

Why would I wear clown clothes after all? I wouldn't buy that kind of stuff.

Sighing, I looked at my cell phone's screen and twisted my lips to the side, seeing it had now been fifteen minutes since I had gotten up there yet still I didn't have anything.