Chapter 17- Catching Feelings

Depuis le début

I start the car and back out of the driveway, making my way to Starbucks, knowing Sandra would be there, as Code Red was urgent and we promised to drop anything to talk to the other person. I do a rolling stop at most of the stop signs in the neighborhood, before getting on the main road, and to my luck, get all red lights.

I sigh as I pull into the parking lot of Starbucks and cut the engine. I walk to the door, sneaking a glance at the spot where Andrew cheated on me, I shrug it off and walk in. I quickly get into the line of 3 or 4 people. Waiting for my turn, I take a look around, there's not a lot of people here. I decide to keep my head down anyway, not wanting the trouble.

Once I get to the front of the line, I give the barista my order of a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream and pay. I walk away from the counter to find a table for Sandra and I.

"Wait ma'am!" Someone yells from behind me, I turn around and see the barista looking at me with wide eyes. My fake smile falters as I walk towards him.

"Yes?" I ask, trying my best to be friendly.

"Are you Julia Hayes?" He asks, nervously.

"Yes, I am." I answer, smiling widely.

He quickly reaches in his apron and pulls out a pen and paper, shoving them at me, "Can you sign this?"

"Of course!" I say, as I scribble down my signature.

"Can I have an autograph too?" Someone asks loudly, I look around at the crowd of about 5 people.

"Yes, just be patient." I reply with a smile.

Once I finish signing things for everyone, I go and pick up my drink from the barista. I feel something tugging on my sweatshirt as I start to walk away, so I look down and see a little girl about 7, looking at me with a smile. I quickly kneel down to her height and ask:

"And what would you like sweetie?" With a huge smile on my face.

She quickly hands me a pen and a magazine with One Direction on the front. I give her a confused glance, "But, I'm not One Direction?" I ask, honestly confused.

"B-but you know them, and I love them." She answers, with a huge smile that never seems to falter as she looks at me.

"If you say so, What's your name love?"

"Amanda."

"Well Amanda, I'll be sure to tell the lads you love them." I say as I right a small note for her, and sign it.

"Thank you!" She exclaims as she's about to walk away.

I quickly ask, "Can I get a picture with you?"

Standing up and holding out my phone to her mom, Amanda quickly comes back, and hugs me, before I squat down to her size once again, and smile at the camera.

"Thank you Julia!" She yells, while hugging me again.

"No, thank you." I smile down at the little girl clutching my leg. She waves at me as she leaves the shop, holding her mom's hand.

"That was the cutest thing I have ever seen." I turn around and see Sandra leaning against the counter, holding her drink, and my own.

"It's going on Twitter as soon as I get home." I say, grabbing my drink from her left hand.

"I know you didn't call a Code Red for a little kid, so fess up."

I sigh, thinking back to my predicament, "Harry Styles."

"The lad in the boyband with Louis?" Sandra asks, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah, I kissed him, and I liked it.."