Someone Has A Fan

Start from the beginning

The fake wall then slides to the side, revealing a locked metal door. Fathe reaches into his utility belt, taking out a black circular device and places it on the lock of the door. Once placed, the device begins to burn away the metal around it, loosening the lock. Father then kicks the door down with all his force revealing a dark-haired woman and a girl a little older than Damian and I with half-shaved pink hair, hugging each other in fear against the wall of the room. It's Langstrom's family.

"Please don't hurt us," the woman says, staring at Father in terror. 

Father steps into the room with us behind him. "We're not here to hurt you."

The ladies released their grip on each other, relaxing upon Father's reveal. "Oh, Batman. Thank heavens. Where's Kirk?" the lady asks.

"Safe."

"We've been so afraid," she says running up Father and putting her hands on him.

"Looks like someone has a fan," I whisper to Damian.

"You're alright now," Father says.

Just then, the daughter looks our way, her face showing relief. She then runs up to Damian, hugging him. "Robin, you saved us."

"Looks like someone else has a fan too," I whisper to myself.

"This is totally unnecessary," Damian says stiffening and leaning away in discomfort.

I chuckle under my breath at the sight. I wish I could take a picture of this. She looks back towards her mother and our Father talking and grabs my arm. She pulls me into a three-way hug, making things even more awkward.

"Look who has a fan," Damian whispers mockingly into my ear.

Just then, the pick-haired girl pulls out a phone and hands it over to us. She then leans her head in between us, whispering into our ears. "Deathstroke said he would spare us if I gave this to you. Don't tell Batman. Please."

I take the phone out her hand, sneaking it into my belt. By the time it's in my belt, Father and the lady have stopped talking and are now turning our way. 

Walking out of the room, Father leads them towards the exit with Damian, and I walking behind the group. "There's a landing pod on the other side of this stronghold. I'll call a helicopter. It shouldn't take long."

As Father is explaining how they will escape, Damian and I take this opportunity to sneak away. As they continue walking forward, down the hallway, we trail back, hiding behind the wall of an intersecting hallway. With our backs against the wall, I pull out the phone and turn it on. Turning on the device, we are greeted by a video of Slade. Damian grabs the phone out of my hand out of anger from the sight of the masked man.

"I have your mother, Demon Twins. This is her location." The video switches over to a geographical map, and then zooms in, a red blinking dot appearing on a certain location. "Perhaps you've been there."

"That's the location of one of Grandfather's oil rigs," I say in realization. "It's off the coast of Scottland."

"This is between you and me," Deathstroke says. "Leave the sperm donor out of this. I'll give you 48 hours before I end her suffering." The video switches once again to Deathstroke standing next to a woman hanging by her wrists. "Be worthy of your heritage, children." He then lifts the head of the woman by her hair, revealing our wounded mother. "Make your mother proud." 

"Arg!" Damian crushes the phone is in hand, turning it into rubble.

"How are we going to get there?" I ask Damian as we run back over to the group. 

"We'll figure out a way, we always do."

Father, in front, takes out a phone and begins making calls for a helicopter. We follow them to the top of the castle, reaching the roof where the helicopter landing pod is located. After a few minutes of waiting, a rescue helicopter appears landing on the roof.

As they help Langstrom's wife and child onto the vehicle, I take this opportunity to tell Damian everything I've seen so far in the castle. "Dami," I whisper, "Father lied to you. And so did I." I continue to look forward, not sparing a glance at him.

"What do you mean?" Damian says looking at me in surprise.

"In one of the holding cells was blood." I turn towards him, "signs of torture."

"Mother," Damian scowls. "They were here."

I nod my head. "Not only that, but Deathstroke has been keeping an eye on us. I found a room full of monitors."

"Surveillance."

"That's not even the worst part of it. The main monitor was playing two videos at the same time—you and me. They were recordings of you and me fighting the ninjas back at the Colosseum."

"So he knew we were coming," Damian grits out, clenching his fists.

"Yeah. He'll be expecting us at the oil rig."

"Then let him. We'll take him."

The sound of the helicopter taking off, interrupted our conversation. We look up to the helicopter, making eye contact with the pink-haired girl's worrying eyes until they were no more. Once the helicopter is out of view Father turns toward us, and walks straight past us. 

"We're not finished here yet." Father jumps off of the top of the castle, landing right in front of the castle's entrance. We follow in pursuit, jumping off of the ledge of the cliff that the castle sits on after landing. We safely land next to the Batwing with the snow cushioning our fall. "We're going to be staying in a hotel in London," Father says unlocking the vehicle and jumping in.

"Why?" I ask jumping into the back seat.

"We have still yet to subdue Deathstroke's plans." Father locks the Batwing, flicking levers and pressing buttons, bringing the vehicle to life. "He left his prisoners here, without any guards or protection. He has to be nearby." Damian and I give a knowing look to each other at Father's words. "Until then, don't do anything. But first—"Father pulls the wheel, lifting the Batwing into the air—"we need to go back to the house for some things." Father begins to fly our way back to the house. He presses the small monitor on the dashboard, making a call to Alfred. "Alfred."

"Yes, sir?"

"Make a last-minute call to the airlines for a trip to London and a place to stay for a day or two near the Interpool."

"For just you, sir?"

"No, Damian and Demetria will be with me."

"A family bonding vacation with the twins, sir? How fun."

————————————

I just watched Justice League Dark Apokolips War...I have never felt so sad in my entire life.