Sixteen | I'll Take Care Of You

Chris' POV:

It's been a few months since breakfast with Mom and Scott back at my place. Ever since we all found out about that me and (y/n) actually had childhood history — which was still such a huge shocker, for all of us — me and (y/n)'s friendship had taken lesser time to reach a whole new level; the unconscious slip of that feeling of comfort, just knowing we'd have already been a part of the other a long time back. Nostalgia hit us hard, going back to that sense of being a kid, both reviving and embracing memories of playing superhero on a playground in cold Massachusetts air to times when her brother would dangerously sneak us (f/flavor) ice cream when our mothers weren't looking to all those stories about saving people and learning about what was out there in the world when we were older.

Piecing it all together, from the set of The First Avenger and the FaceTimes that lasted until three, I realized she hasn't really changed that much, with how many years have gone by, despite with what little time we had spent together as kids. She still had this pouty attitude, her strong stand on feminism, and not surprisingly, how much she still loved comics, whether it be DC, Peanuts, or Marvel. It couldn't have been a coincidence for meeting her through the internet, I mean, how could it? I've met her two times already without even realizing it. Scarlett's been wanting to meet her so bad when I told her what had happened, the newfound incidents that seemed too coincidental to actually be true. Sebastian and (y/n) had already left with the kids to bring them back to Carter and Gracie when I called her, deep into the night while I walked outside in the backyard barefoot, nursing my third bottle of beer that night.

"Well... when I went over to greet Mom, she told me how (y/n) looked a little familiar to her, how she reminded her of a friend she hadn't had any contact with in a long time." I said through the phone while watching Mom cook dinner from the window. "She just told me how much (y/n) grew up looking like her mother with her father's features, if that makes any sense." I chuckled

"Well," Scarlett hummed. "I really want to say a really good crappy line about fate, I really do, but maybe... it's just... that."

"Just what?"

"Just fate. No context, no crappy life quote. Just fate itself. And, like, chances of me being a godmother is, five times quicker so I'm not really complaining."

"...that is now one of my favorite quotes."

Sebastian had filming for one more movie, so (y/n) often hung at my place these days. The poor thing, she hated being alone majority of daytime, claiming each day was slower than the last. And yeah, I know what you're thinking; 'why isn't she with Sebastian' or 'isn't she his assistant or something'?

Well, to answer the question, her mother visited her for a whole week a couple days prior to Seb leaving for a new movie, and since we all know that Sebastian's an angel, we know he wouldn't ask (y/n) to work when Mrs. (l/n) asked for a week off out of the hospital in NYC just to see her daughter. Absolutely not. From what I know, they barely see each other because they're both just so busy these days, they deserve the week to themselves. So, Sebastian said he'd call (y/n) if he needed her there and was off on his way to shoot that movie outta town.

Mrs. (l/n) also dropped off the cat Seb told me about, barely remembering that her name was Oreo if it weren't for the color of her fur. Oreo was an old cat, being around (y/n) since she was in her senior year in high school. Never had kittens. Well... until now, for some unknown reason. Maybe they bred her..? I didn't know. All I know is that her mother wouldn't be able to be with Oreo a lot with her job as a nurse and that Oreo would be needing a lot of TLC, so she decided to bring her to (y/n) here in LA.

Mom's already asking me when I plan to take her to Boston, and every time I visit it somewhat slips right back into my mind. I didn't even realize I haven't planned anything with (y/n). Realization only hits me harder when Mom asks me about it, and I always forget to ask (y/n) when she'd like to go to Boston whenever we hang out.