Chapter 12: Dream's Discovery

Dream didn't understand why Fell was so adamant about him going. Whenever he had tried to explain that there was a meeting coming up that they needed to go to, Fell would talk him into going into the basement (didn't he know Dream hated the basement?). He was really surprised when Fell's non-existent stomach started growling but he refused to eat anything. It really scared him and made him slightly suspicious. He knew that in the more dangerous districts that there were people that would gladly take Fell's place. Was this one of those people?

"Fell, is there any particular reason you want to go to the basement?" Dream asked, keeping his suspicions out of his voice.

Fell didn't seem to here him. H€'$ ₽rteNdg.

"Why are we going to the basement?" Dream said again making his voice firm.

Fell paused and shook his head.

"I jus' thought you'd wanna try interrogatin' them your own way," Fell explained. "You have a very unique way of doin' things."

That didn't sound too bad. Fell always complimented him out of fear that he would kick him to the curb if he didn't. Dream always told him it was fine, but some habits would die hard. He silently scolded himself for doubting Fell. Some friend/boss he was.

"Okay," Dream said, all suspicions forced down.

— | Horror | —

Horror walked as calmly as he could. He was terrified out of his bones that Dream was going to find out and start attacking him or call up Ink and ask where Fell was. His stomach grumbled angrily at the refusal to feed it but Horror knew he couldn't eat a thing unless he wanted to blow his cover immediately.

When Dream asked him how his day was and how his brother was doing, he felt pangs of jealousy. Dream treated Fell as an equal and less like a worker. If any of the gang asked Ink how his day was or treated him like anything other than their boss, he would be suspicious that they were planning something and would've doubled their training time as punishment.

He answered Dream's questions easily. He had a brother and a life himself which made it easy. He talked about his brother, Dream talked about some shenanigans that went on between the Council members and evil scored a chuckle out of him sometimes. His anxiety slowly ebbed away as he continued talking. He couldn't tell if it was because he had something to take his mind off of it or Dream's natural aura. He couldn't tell but he also didn't care.

His anxiety resurfaced though when he realized that the were now in front of the Center. His marrow froze and his eye light(s) shook. This was when he was going to prove that Ink was nothing but a paranoid, power-hungry, low life ass that would lie flawlessly to his close 'friend.' This was really going to fry his nerves.

— | Dream | —

    "You okay Fell?" he asked concernedly. He had seen Fell's eye lights quivering and was worried that there was something Fell was seeing that he was not.

"Oh! Uhh," Fell said as he shook himself. "'M fine. Jus' forgot somethin'."

Dream was slowly getting more and more concerned for his friend. Fell refused to ever show fear towards anything. Seeing him stopping like this was concerning.

    "Look, we could always go to the dungeons some other day if it's effecting you this much," Dream said. "If this is just to prove a point of something, we really don't need to do it."

    "It's fine," Fell waved off, his posture still rigid but his eye lights calming down. "Let's jus' get this over with."

    Fell walked inside before Dream could try and deter him anymore. Dream stopped himself and asked himself what he was doing. Why was he going into the basement? The Ink they had now always told him to never go down there without him and he never really wanted to in the first place. It was dark, cold, and depressing down there which were all he opposite of him. He sighed and followed Fell. He saw that Fell was waiting for him just inside the door.