Chapter 25: Miguel Avalon

Start from the beginning

The sound of horse hooves brought me out of my thoughts. Glancing up at the smiling familiar face riding on top of a brown stallion brought a smile on my lips.

"Buenos dias Señor Iñigo!" Raul Domingo, our stable master, greeted with a smile on his old face "It has been years since we last saw you. You have grown to be a fine man señor."

I grinned at the warm old man. "Gracias Raul. I heard you needed another helping hand."

Raul tipped his hat on his forehead "We sure do Senor. Come, they have been waiting for you for years." He tilted his head to the side "Your old friend also misses you."

Glancing towards the thundering hooves of my old black stallion, I grinned as I ran to his galloping form like an old friend. Blackjack, my black Arabian horse, stopped before me and bowed his head. I thanked the man holding his reins and brushed a hand on his stout.

He made a noise and eyed me like telling me "Where have you been you old snotty man?"

I chuckled and patted him, "I'm sorry old friend. A lot has happened for the past years."

He made a noise again and I chuckled "Don't worry, I'll come visit as often. Now, why don't you take me for a ride since we have a job to do. Just like old times."

Leaning down his neck, he patted his legs and it was a cue I was forgiven. Giving him a pat, I swung my legs on his back and grabbed the reins. Turning to a grinning a Raul, I followed him as we began our work.

Ava Marquez-Petrakis

Peeking through one eye, I glanced at the close door where my husband stepped out of. Sighing, I slumped on my side of the bed and stared at the wide wooden canopy. Iñigo thought I was asleep. The silly man thought putting a pillow underneath me would construed as him. He should know by now that his muscular chest will never compare to the soft pillows underneath me.

Groaning, I glanced at the grandfather clock. It chimed to 4:30 am. Sleep deluded me. I couldn't sleep without Iñigo by my side. And to think my husband has escaped me once again, I needed to think of a way to spend my day. Grabbing my journal at the bedside table, I began to write.

Writing has been my form of medicine. It helped me through my darkest days and kept me grounded on the things in my life. Once I was done, I swung my legs on the side of the bed and stood up.

I saw an indoor gym at the manor, so might as well use it to let out pent up frustration caused by my escaping husband. If Iñigo thought I will let him run and get away from me, then his in for a ride.

Changing into my gray sports bra and leggings, I put on my running shoes and jogged towards the indoor gym. The indoor gym was complete with a boxing ring, a large mirror, sound system, treadmills, bicycle, and weights. Plugging my phone into the sound system, I clicked on my playlist and loud upbeat music plunged the still and silent room.

Facing the wide mirror, I began to start my stretching routine. Warm-ups are important to get your body started and loosen the tight muscles. I moved to the treadmill to jog and kept my heart pumping. Afterwards, I moved to doing my core workout.

I was sweating and huffing when I finished but I still haven't released my pent up energy. Eyeing the boxing bag an idea entered my mind. Grabbing the boxing gloves and cloth, I tightly put it on and went to the boxing bag.

Placing my hands in front of me, I thought of the face of Saul and Leanne. They fucked Iñigo up and I couldn't imagine people being that horrible. The ringing in my ears started and my breathing became ragged. Seeing the fleeing back of my husband, I punched the bag. The ringing in my ears intensified. I punched it again. And again. And again. I didn't know how long I was punching the boxing bag. All I know is the ringing in my ears has stopped, my hands are bruised and hands clapping echoed inside the room.