It was not crying that drained her energy but the manner how she had to control herself all the time in the dungeons was rather more taxing.

She felt weak and vulnerable in the inside all the time in dungeons which exhausted her emotionally. She wished to take good rest if it was any other day but Madonna certainly had no time to rest when she has lot of things to do.

"What are we going to do regarding the ritual, Orla?" Madonna asked as she leaned into Lucius and got comfortable in his arms. "We are yet to know what Alder was concocting."

"What happened with the army, Milord?" Madonna asked Lucius as she gulped the choking grief. She knew she has to be strong and clear minded for the whole night to end on a victorious note.

"The other warriors of the army can be taken down as the strongest ones are already gone. There are just many of them but we can wipe them out. But regarding ritual, we are still not certain of what Alder was going to do. When he knows he could not handle the power that comes with the ritual, then for who was he going through with it is still a question."

"Fina – she did not want me save her from the dungeons." Madonna said as she recalled how Fina gestured her secretively to leave her there.

"She wanted to stay there for a cause clearly. Only time will reveal what Fina knows that we don't." Lucius mumbled thoughtfully. Madonna and Orla nodded in agreement as she sat down to see what they could do to spoil the ritual.

But before spoiling it, they should know what Alder has in his mind. With that in mind, Orla prepared dinner for Madonna and left for Lucius to feed her.

Lucius fed her the dinner followed by their own preparations for the Dark Moon Ritual. Lucius and Madonna had requested Lord Xander and the Demon King to carry on with wiping out the army one by one as the ritual was taking place.

Alder shall be occupied with the ritual for several hours which can be just the right time and opportunity to cut down the mass of the army, especially the general who was still in comatose.

Madonna got dressed in her dark blue and black gown which she use for performing rituals of her own. It was one of her mother's gowns that Orla was able to secure for her and Fina. Orla was able to get five of their mother's gowns for Madonna and Fina which warmed Madonna's heart.

She could see how Orla had taken every possible measure to keep her assured and safe and for that she could not be grateful enough.

When Madonna was prepared by mind and by heart to see the face of victory by the end of the night, Lucius had made preparations for several things by which he could have a hint of something or someone that was still hidden in the shadows by Alder.

Lucius could see how relaxed Alder was despite the loss of his well appreciated warriors. That could only mean he certain has someone who he was too self-assured on.

Lucius looked at the blank eyes of Madonna and went on to hug her. She was standing aimlessly and was just staring towards the wall in deep thoughts. It was only when she felt the arms of her husband was she back from her trance.

She felt grateful for the hug as she needed it much badly at that moment. She wrapped her hands around his torso and got comfortable in his arms for few moments until she could feel better.

"Mother had suggested we wear an amulet she made for the night. She is wearing one herself." Madonna nodded wordlessly as she took the locket of intricate design of bones. It was the special kind of amulet to protect oneself from the unforeseen attacks which can be only made by Orla.

Besides Orla, it was not possible for any other witch or a warlock to make such an amulet as Orla was taught by an ancient age witch.

"Milord! Do you believe we will be victorious?" Madonna asked softly as another wave of grief struck her at the thought of her mother and sister.

"Nay, you shall never be able to outwit me, Madonna dear." Madonna gasped slightly as she heard the voice that she was not prepared to at that moment.

Lucius body stiffened at the suddenness of the unexpected entry. Both of them turned towards the amused voice that caught them in unexpectedness.

Alder was standing by the door of the bedchamber as he wore an amused and a pleased smile on his lips. He loved the shock on their faces and immensely enjoyed it.

"Did you believe I would not see through you, dear? Lucius, Lucius, how can you underestimate me?" Alder scoffed as he feigned a look of disappointment at Lucius.

Both of them did not see Alder sneaking on them and what surprised them was he could stealthily come inside their chamber when there was magic around. Lucius and Madonna would know if there was anybody other than them and how Alder trespassed the strong magic stunned them.

"How?" Madonna whispered as she flicked her fingers to see that the magic was intact which confused and stunned Lucius and Madonna even more.

"For now, you should be trapped here until I finish the ritual. I shall tell you tell you my secret after I achieve my motive tonight." Alder laughed loudly as he closed the doors and left, leaving the young Emor couple to mull over his words.

They immediately knew that some type of bind was used to lock them inside the chamber successfully.

What were they going to do? They can never allow Alder to gain what he wanted to.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter? Interesting?

Can you feel Madonna's pain?

Why is Fina so fixated on staying in dungeons?

Oh my, my, my, Madonna and Lucius are exposed and trapped. Your views?

Do you think Madonna and Lucius will be able to stop the ritual?

How did Alder come to know of them and how did he manage to trap them.

What do you think will happen now?

Will Orla be able to release them and stop the ritual?

What is Fina's plan exactly?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim