I nodded. "I think they start preparing as soon as the rain stops."

He looked around the apartment. "Seems you spend a lot of time here..."

I looked around, noting that this was different than where we stayed before. "I came here whenever I could when I was away... Konan insisted I have a place to come back to." I sat in the windowsill watching him.

He walked around, looking at pictures scattered about. "You know the Akatsuki well..."

I tilted my head. "Most, for the time that they last anyway. They have this habit of dying, a pretty decent group right now, except for a few I really don't care for or don't know."

He nodded and picked up a picture, looking at it closely. "This is the one that came to the village."

I smiled. "Kisame... I hope he visits or maybe not..." He looked at me curiously. "Not sure how many of those talks you're willing to have, also... I need to beat his ass, though he will most likely deny me the opportunity."

He joined me and looked out of the window. "Why?"

I sighed. "He told me he had to go after Naruto... Sasuke got involved... they got hurt before Jiraiya stepped in... but he knew in my condition I couldn't properly give him what he deserved, so we had to postpone all of that."

He chuckled. "Why tell you?"

I met his gaze. "Because if I find out on my own, then I would kill him."

He kissed my forehead. "Smart man..."

There was a knock at the door and I went to answer. "Well... hello." I let Pein and Konan in.

Konan immediately started looking me over. "How do you feel?"

I put my hands on her shoulders. "Much better... so is he gone?"

Pein nodded. "We didn't know he was coming..."

I smiled. "That's okay... I know you wouldn't put me in such a position."

He looked over at Itachi. "Seems you've made it to the village..."

Itachi nodded. "Surprised they let me in."

He looked at me as I chattered with Konan. "A friend of hers is always welcome."

Itachi raised an eyebrow. "Friend?"

I looked up at the question. "Uh... add boy to the beginning of that, please."

Konan looked at me wide-eyed, and Pein gestured for Itachi to follow him. I frowned as they began to leave. "But... you just got here... and why does he get to go?"

He smirked at me. "I'm only going for a little while... we'll return soon."

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "Whatever..."

When the door closed, Konan grabbed my hands and pulled me to my bedroom. "So..." I tilted my head. "When?"

I thought for a moment. "Around the start of the Chunin Exams... maybe a little before."

She gaped. "I'm just now hearing about it?"

I pursed my lips. "Wasn't exactly the priority last time I saw you."

She sighed and nodded. "I know, but... that has been for some time... Pein was surprised as well."

I looked toward the window. "I don't see why it's a big deal... nothing really has changed."

She giggled. "That's our Kunoichi for you, but no, I imagine not."

I tilted my head. "What's that supposed to mean?"

She smiled softly. "I saw how you two interacted while we were in your village, even in the midst of getting married... I knew where your heart was and his as well."

I flopped into the bed. "I don't understand."

She sighed. "You wouldn't... but he was the only one who we trusted to care for you or... Chihiro, when we had to leave and he had kept us up to date when you returned to the village."

I looked at her through the corner of my eye. "He told me..."

She giggled. "You seem displeased."

I shook my head. "He's just different. No one else thought to keep you informed." I heard the knock at the door and smirked. "Hey, Konan... let's play a game."

She raised an eyebrow. "I'm listening."

I sat up as there was another knock and went toward the window. "Hide and seek. No cheating, either."

She smiled devilishly. "Let's do it." I opened the window as she went to answer the door. "It would seem she became a bit restless..." I chuckled. Let the games begin...