"That sounds interesting. What does he want?", how do I make myself sound less jealous was the real question... because I wasn't really jealous, I just didn't want her to meet some really successful guy and ride off into the sunset with him. Okay, that was a bit dramatic, but still.

"He wants to continue our conversation from yesterday, over drinks this week. Hah! Can you imagine?", at least Essie sounded enthusiastic about it.

"Are you gonna go?", I enquired.

"I think so. Dunno, should I?", she put her phone down and bit her lip.

"If you feel like you'd have a good time, I don't see why not.", even though I didn't want her to go, I couldn't really tell her not to.

"You're right. I'm gonna tell him I'd like that.", well, Essie, that wasn't what I said.

"Listen, I must rush to the studio, but I'll see you in a few days, yeah?"

Essie

Shit, brunch with the girls. I let Bono out before hopping in the shower. I was really surprised Matt texted me already. I liked him; he was the more fun than the men that usually frequented Lloyds galas... I mean that wasn't really all that hard to achieve, but it counted for something.

"Mate watch where you're going or you'll end up breaking someone's nose.", Ramona and I bumped into each other at the entrance to the café.

"If I break your nose, it won't be such a big deal. Daddy will pay for a new one, right?", taking the piss out of each other before the first cocktail was a regular occurrence.

"Ha-ha, you're really clever, did you know?", she pretended to be offended.

"Is Becks here already?", we made our way to one of the tables by the window, "She should be arriving right about... now.".

"I'm happy to see you two haven't started without me. For once!", Becks plopped down next to us and we ordered some drinks and appetisers.

"How was Madrid?"

"Really fun. I wish I could've stayed longer. Rosa would love to see both of you there for the summer, FYI.",

"I'm in. But, more importantly – how did Daddy's gala go?", Ramona asked.

"Fine. It was boring, but thankfully didn't last that long. I actually met someone...", planting the seed casually was always the best route with those two, to help not get them overly excited.

"Ooh do tell.", my plan didn't work that well, seeing as they both propped their heads up on their hands, batting their eyelashes at me.

"His name is Matt. He's thirty and works for Lloyds. He was really funny, and he asked me to drinks.", I tried leaving out the details, knowing it would never work.

"And?", Becks was the one to push me.

"And he's really nice. Dunno. He's got this olive skin and honey eyes... he was quite dreamy, come to think of it. Anyway, I think I'll go, Harry agrees."

"Firstly, I see you've done a lot of thinking about him if you can whip out words like 'olive' and 'honey' to describe him. Secondly, Harry agrees?", I knew what would pique their interest.

"If you ever meet him, you'll notice it right away. And yes, Harry agrees. What's the matter with that?"

"Nothing. I just wondered how it got brought up in conversation."

"Ramona, cut it out. Let's be happy she met someone, finally.", Becks interfered.

But I knew better. Ramona wouldn't let it be, it wasn't her style. I already knew which questions were forming in her head as we spoke. For example, 'You're still seeing Harry, then?' and 'How come you've managed to tell Harry before you've told us?' were the top contenders.

"When did you see him?", right on cue.

"When did I see who? Matt? Yesterday at the gala, I just told you this.", I played dumb and she saw through me.

"No, when did you see Harry?"

"Yesterday when I got home and this morning. We had breakfast at mine."

"You had breakfast, or you had breakfast in bed?", Becks was about to lose it on us, I could tell.

"Stop. Now. Both of you. Or I'll get up and leave.", we piped down, and the rest of brunch felt normal. It felt like us.

"Don't hold it against her.", Becks pulled me to the side while we waited for Ramona to pay, "What do you mean?".

"I mean that she cannot decipher this situation with Harry. She's wondering if you two are sleeping together, in which case she'd most likely be happy. But she's also wondering if you're not sleeping together why you're spending so much time with him, and she cannot help but think he'll somehow replace her.", was it true? Was I that blind to my friend's worries?

"That can't be, Becks. She knows I love her to pieces and that I'd never change what we have, not in a million years.", her hand found mine and she held it tightly against her body.

"I know. But you might want to remind Ramona. I've got to run, see you soon, okay?", and with that she disappeared, waving to Ramona on her way out.

"So, where are we off to now?", I asked.

"Don't you have more important stuff to do? Like see Harry maybe?"

"Ramona, I'll only say this once. If you're worried I'll replace you as my best mates, you are out of your mind. That will never happen. But, if you're doing this to prove some point, please stop.", she looked at me with serious eyes.

"Then explain."

"I don't have anything to explain. We've become friends and I'm really happy when I spend time with him, he gets me in a similar way to you or Becks. That's all. We've decided not to sleep together again. End of discussion.", I was hoping that, after pulling my strict mother voice, she'd give up.

"Fine. I've got to run. Talk to you later.", Ramona tended to get like this sometimes, moody and easily offended. It never lasted long, though.  

------------------

A/N: whew, haven't been here in a hot minute, I know. I had an exam, and I passed it which means I've only got two more and then I graduate, holy shit! Anyway, I hope you're all doing well, staying healthy, safe and as happy as you can be in times like these. I hope you've got a Harry or a Ramona there to keep you company, wherever you are. 

TPWK, always.
T