1940's Bucky x reader - Musical Girl

So there is a glitch on my laptop with Wattpad, so I don't know if this has uploaded properly...fingers crossed. This whole thing is a flashback sorta.

The lights were dim and the party was raging in the club. Everyone was laughing, drinking, having fun. Perhaps if they laughed a little louder or drank a little more, they would forget the fact that there was a war going on, and that everyone is in danger.

Bucky Barnes swirled the drink in his glass before taking a sip. He was dreading the next few days. He had received confirmation of his enlistment, and had gotten his orders to be shipped out to England within the next few days. He had one more person to tell.

All of a sudden, the lights dimmed and the chatter began to quiet. An announcers voice boomed through the club, "Ladies and gentlemen put your hands together for the singing sensation, Y/n Y/l/n!!"

He watched with a smile on his face as you performed. It was one of the main things that he loved about you, in fact he could remember the first time he ever met you...

Flashback

"Come on Stevie, you've got to learn to live a little..." Bucky grinned, throwing an arm over his best friends shoulders. "Bucky, there's a war going on. We could be next to join the fight and we should be preparing!" Steve argued, twisting away from his friend and glaring at him. "Oh come on, Steve not this again." Bucky groaned and watched his small friend storm off.

"Listen, I know you want to fight, but think of it this way, it's 1940! We are young and have our whole lives ahead of us. Why not live while we can?" Bucky called after him, jogging to catch up. Steve paused and waited for his friend to catch up, and he didn't have to wait long.

Soon enough he and Bucky were walking down the main streets of Brooklyn. There were people falling out of clubs, jazz music was coming out of every door. Bucky grinned excitedly and looked down at Steve who looked around doubtfully. "Hey, listen Buck this isn't really my scene..." Bucky scoffed at his friends excuse. "When is it ever your scene?"

He grabbed Steve by the shoulders and looked long and hard at him. "We'll find a club, we'll have a few drinks and some fun, we'll be in and out in no time, ok?"

Steve nodded reluctantly and together they scouted the places. "Hey what about this one?" Steve called and Bucky came over. "The Sun and Moon?"

The light was streaming out of the club and music could be heard from down the street. The sound of laughter and partying was audible from out on the pavement and Bucky nodded. "Let's go..."

They stepped inside, and immediately Bucky started to smile. The music was fantastic, the beat was pumping and the scene looked great. He grabbed Steve's elbow to stop him from leaving and dragged him over to the bar. "Get a drink, have fun," he said meaningfully, shouting slightly over the music and left to look around. He nodded to people that he knew and smiled at certain girls, until an announcers voice grabbed his attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the shining star of The Sun and Moon - the piping peach, what a doll, what a dame! Put your hands together for Y/n Y/l/n!"

The applause was deafening and Bucky looked towards the stage with lazy curiosity. The curtains rose and his jaw dropped. There on the stage was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

And then she started to sing.

'Stars shining up above you

Night breezes seem to whisper, I love you,

Birds singing in the sycamore tree,

Dream a little dream of me...'

Couples started to leave their seats and slow dance to her melodious voice. Bucky, almost in a trance, began to move towards the stage in awe - he had never seen anything like her. As the band began to join, her voice grew and she smiled and he knew, as everyone who watched her sing knew, that she was in her own world.