Bucky Barnes x Reader - Disappointment part 2

BOO here's a part two! That rhymed hehe...shoutout to loverofcinnamonrolls who barged into my room when I published part one and called me a cruel monster. This one is for you! Ily babes.

The following Sunday, it rained. A lot. So much so that you secretly wondered if you had super powers that made the weather reflect your mood. Bucky didn't have any therapy scheduled and you had a day off work which should have been a blessing, but you couldn't really find a way to recognise it as such. Rain usually meant a lazy morning cuddled in warm blankets with cute kisses, so you should have been quite happy, but you weren't. You were absolutely devastated but you were terrible at pretending you weren't.

You were sat curled up on the sofa in one of Bucky's old shirts, aimlessly flicking through tv channels. Bucky leaned on the doorjamb with a cup of steaming coffee in hand, watching you carefully. Normally there was nothing he liked more than seeing you in his clothes, but there was an air of seemingly permanent sadness about you. The sparkle in your eye was dimmed and Bucky noticed that you were acting more and more despondent as time passed. 

And even worse, you were lying about it. 

You knew Bucky well enough to know that he would just blame himself for what happened, so you were determined to shove all of your emotions down and squash them in a super healthy and totally natural way. If he couldn't see you hurting, then he wouldn't be hurting and everything would be fine. You told yourself that if Sam couldn't see past his own pride and personal hatred for Bucky in order to be happy for you then you were better off without him. 

Unfortunately, you had never gone more than a week without talking to Sam and even that was considered painful when you were on good terms. You had both been dusted during the blip so you didn't have to deal with the emotional trauma of losing your brother during those five years. Really and truly, the two of you were almost inseparable. Until now that is. 

Now, even the idea of Sam being disgusted with you made you feel sick to your core. It felt unnatural to be so estranged from him. As you flicked through channels, a segment on sibling dynamic popped up.

"The importance of brotherly and sisterly love cannot be ignored. On Science Today, we are investigating the long term emotional and psychological effects of loving sibling relationships. We do know one thing for sure though, a sibling bond is one that cannot be broken.

"Seriously?" you scowled at the beaming woman on screen and aggressively turned off the t.v, two seconds away from chucking the remote at the screen. Bucky grimaced and walked into the room fully, sitting down beside you with a heavy sigh. He looked between you and the remote that was clutched tightly in your hand, sipping his coffee slowly. 

"You ok?" he asked calmly, raising his voice a little over the hammering of rain on your window panes. You looked at him with a strained smile and tried desperately to fight the powerful urge to cry. "Yeah! Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" You smiled brightly but Bucky wasn't convinced.

"Cause you're kind of strangling the remote there," he gestured to your whitening knuckles clenched around the piece of plastic and you dropped it as though it were scalding hot. "Am not," you muttered childishly and scooched away from him a little. "Are too," Bucky smirked and you stuck your tongue out at him, laughing slightly as you did so. He always knew how to cheer you up. 

"You know what would make you feel better?" he said and you shrugged, determined not to give in. "Calling your brother." Bucky tossed you your phone. It was only a small toss but you were wrapped up in blankets and as you tried to untangle yourself to catch it, it clattered onto the floor. "Graceful," he snorted into his coffee cup and you thumped him on the arm. Unfortunately it was his metal one and you only ended up hurting yourself much to his amusement.