Pietro Maximoff - Hope.

A/n: this is a request from SaphireEyedJiuweihu,I hope you enjoy and I really hope I got everything right :). its a little long, but I hope it reads well.

'Cmon y/n, focus. Use your foresight.' you reprimanded yourself. Perhaps the harder you focused, you could see how you might get out, escape from the HYDRA facility that held you two hostage. But you should have known better as black spots danced before your eyes, powers were still new, but they were many. Foresight, hindsight, and you could sense the powers and auras or feelings of those around you.

You glanced over at your twin, Amara through a heavy lidded eyes and a haze of pain. More experiments, more torture. You always believed the both of you were ever getting out of there. You thought the pain was just beginning but somewhere, somewhere there was someone who would help you. Find you. It was the only thing that kept you alive. Hope.

Visions from the torture flashed before your mind, a young man, peppered with bullets on a floating land, a woman screaming in unimaginable pain. Thousand of people turning to dust, a group of heroes battling against a large being who was...purple? These flashes were getting worse, so much so that you could no longer tell whether it was the future or a time long past. The only reason you agreed to it all was to protect Amara. She had suffered too much, she had been tortured more so than you, just because of her ferocity. Her ability to stand up to the opposers, her fighting nature.

As if she read your mind, Amara stirred, groaning loudly as she clutched her bruising head. "You do realise I'm the older one?" you remarked quietly while she moaned. "I'm supposed to be the one getting into trouble for your sake not the other way around."

She smirked as she gingerly pushed herself off the cells grimy floor. "Older by like, five minutes y/n, lets not get ahead of ourselves," she winced, placing a calloused hand over her battered face. You went back to staring at the wall, as if it held the answers. "Please don't tell me your still looking y/n." Amara grumbled from her corner. "Listen to me when I say this to you, no one is coming for us! Nobody knows we exist. To this world we might as well be roadkill. The only chance we have of leaving is our own escape and those chances are...like, zero to none." she berated, voice growing louder with aggression. You flinched at her words. Her sceptical approach to your belief in a deity, your positivity, was beginning to grate on your nerves. However, it was her who spoke when words failed you, she was the noise when the volume was needed. For this you were eternally grateful, and made sure to watch over her when she couldn't.

BANG

You both jumped to your feet, well, hobbled in Amara's case. A single look between the two of you said enough and you prepared yourself as Amara melted into the shadows, reappearing in the corner nearest the door. "Can you sense anything?"she hissed at you, eyes glued to the potential threat. "No...well, not enough." you replied in hushed tones. The both of you remained in your ready stance until voices were heard. "How many heat signatures Stark?" "Two, not strong. They must be weak." A conversation floated in under the gaps of the doors. There was only time for a brief albeit confused glance between you when the door exploded, taking you both out, and knocking you into oblivion.

- You woke with an enormous gasp, bolting up in the bed you were sitting in. A shot of pure fear ran through you at the baffling sight before you. A large group huddled at the foot of your bed met your eyes and you scrambled back in fear. You skimmed over them, sensing their powers, getting a feel for your opposition. But you felt only concern from them. "You're not HYDRA." you stated quietly, to which many of them looked sympathetic. "No, we're not." a strong looking blonde bloke said beside you. "Is my sister safe?" you asked with a hint of panic. If you had been separated from Amara, you didn't know what you'd do. "Sister?" the redhead asked curiously. You nodded and continued, "My twin. I need to know if she's ok."