The Second Battle

*author's note: thank you so much for all the love on this story! This might be my favorite one I'm writing so it's so cool that you guys like it too!*

*ps: I had to create a lot a planets and systems in this chapter, so none of these places are canon. I needed to make places with the terrain I wanted.*

"Writing in blood on my walls
'Cause the ink in my pen don't work in my notepad
Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that I'm not
But at best, I can say I'm not sad
'Cause hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have
Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have"

-"hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have-but I have it" by Lana Del Rey

Empress Rey Palpatine's Command Shuttle:

Rey Palpatine's Courters:

Rey was unusually calm given the circumstances. Her arch nemesis, Ben Solo, had just barely escaped her grasp more than a month ago and they hadn't seen him or the Resistance since. General Hux was, as per usual, overly anxious that they hadn't made any progress in destroying the rebel fleet. He wouldn't say it, but Rey could sense that he blamed her for their lack of leads. Even though Rey's worst enemy was Ben, Hux believed his was Rey. She knew this, but Hux's temperament was the last thing on her mind.

"How do you expect us to move on from here, Supreme Leader?" Hux spat.

"I'm working on it, General." Rey replied.

Hux huffed and stepped towards Rey. She glared at him from the satin arm chair she was sitting on. She hated that he now felt the need to intrude the serenity in her personal shuttle. He brought an aura of anxiety -and annoyance- wherever he went.

"Empress, you know as well as I do that our allies are beginning to lose faith in you! Ever since you took the throne from Snoke and claimed your grandfather's name, you earned a reputation that you must live up to! And you are failing." Hux's voice was slowly raising into a yell.

"How many times must I remind your small brain that I am working on it." Rey managed to stay calm and unbothered by his attitude.

"Really? I didn't know 'working on it' meant losing a fight where you started with the upper hand then losing to your opponent when he sped away in one of our own ships because you couldn't operate a door!" Hux boomed as his face turned cherry red.

Rey pushed herself from her chair and raised her arm. Hux didn't have a chance to properly breathe before he was being thrust into the metal wall. His head hit the side with a bang. His limbs crumbled to the ground after. When Rey saw him laying on the tile, pathetic and moaning in pain, she walked over and stood directly above his limp body.

"I could kill you if I wanted to. I could smash your windpipe between my index fingers before you had the chance to blink." Rey hissed.

She herself linger above him while her blood-thirsty eyes stared at him suffer. Having the high ground never gets old.

You would think that by now Hux would be use to getting Force neaten-up, but he always seems so surprised.

"I am Empress Rey Palpatine, Supreme Leader of the First Order and a known Jedi-Killer. I have more power in my fingernail that you have in your entire pathetic frame. I suggest that from now on," she kneeled down to look directly in his eyes, "you stop taunting me about things that I have under control."

Hux moved over to avoid her eye-contact. Rey, obviously fed up with his painful whining, stepped away from him and to the door leading outside her chambers. She motioned for the stormtrooper stationed by the entrance to come inside.