You Know I Can Take Whatever I Want

🦋💫happy may the fourth!✨🪐

"I wanna be forgotten,
and I don't want to be reminded.
You say, "Please don't make this harder."
No, I won't yet.
I wanna be beside her,
she wanna be admired.
You say, "Please don't make this harder."
No, I won't yet."

-"What Ever Happened" by The Strokes

Resistance Base in an Undisclosed Location:

"What do you mean he hasn't returned?" Han Solo interrogated Poe while Chewbacca groaned disappointedly behind him.

"He stopped the transmission before we could ask him what he was doing." Poe replied.

"And we haven't received anything from him since." Leia chimed in from a corner of the command center.

Han looked over at Leia. Despite the obvious worry she felt, Leia looked as poised as ever. She never seemed to falter, and Han realized in that moment that he couldn't either. He needed to stay strong for himself and his family.

"Well, what do we know?" Han asked Poe.

"Next to nothing..."

Poe refused to finish his thought. He looked off into the distance away from Han's glares.

"You're hiding something, Dameron."

Poe turned around and started towards the door. Leia stood in his way and stopped him with a push of her hand.

"Poe if there's anything you know that could help us, you need to say something. If not for your General, for your friend."

As Leia's hand left his chest, Poe's head dropped to the floor.

"I'm sorry General, but I know nothing."

It was obvious that he was lying, and Poe knew it. But he also knew that his number one priority was to keep his promises.

Poe looked back at Han. He was as worried as Leia, but he had a more difficult time hiding it. With a nod in Han's direction, Poe quickly sped out of the room. Leia walked over to Han. He pulled her into a warm embrace. It felt so familiar to Leia, yet so foreign. She felt a strange calmness knowing that they had raised their son to fight for goodness, but she also felt overwhelming dread that he was constantly in danger or pain.

"I know Poe is lying, but he wouldn't lie unless if it was for our own good." Leia whispered into Han's chest.

"You're right. We just have to believe in Ben now." Han gently spoke into Leia's hair.

Starkiller Base:

Ben's eyes shot open with a jolt. He was unable to move his limbs because they were strapped to a metal chair. The room he was in was dark and cold. His only company was the uncomfortable metal chair and a shadowy figure in the corner. After attempting to break free from his restraints for a moment, Ben realized that he wouldn't be getting out of this anytime soon, or at least while he was being stared at by a mysterious shadow. After all, he didn't wanna get out. This was all apart of his plan.

"Where am I?" Ben called out into the void.

"You're my guest." The shadowy figure responded.

Rey stepped out of the darkness to reveal herself. Ben has never been this close to her before. Most of the times he'd seen her was on a packed battle field with hundreds of soldiers all attacking her. Ben couldn't help but think of how human she looked. In his mind she was always a monster that needed to be stopped. It was difficult to imagine her like that when she was staring him in the face.