Ashley's lips curved into a smile " Its not so big, okay Emily let me go to work,inform me when you get discharged, don't forget to text me your address I might visit you after work after all tomorrow is a weekend"
She planted a kiss on her forehead " Take care "

"Okay " Emily agreed " Wish you the best at work " She continued.

Ashley was about to open the door when Emily called her " Ashley "

She turned around "hmm"

Creases formed on Emily's face " Never mind" Ashley looked over at her suspiciously "Is there anything you want me to do"

Emily shifted nervously "Never mind" She wanted to ask Ashley about her life , just like any person she was scared,she was interacting with a person she didn't even know, and the most terrifying bit of it was that, she was so close to her, she enjoyed her company and friendship. Ashley Simpson was hard to resist, she was so sweet to be hated.

"Are you sure?" Ashley asked her seriously.

Emily nodded "Yeah, besides you might be late, get going , go"

Ashley looked at her, she clearly saw it on  her face that she wanted to ask her something.
Then what happened ?

"Okay , see you later Emily" Ashley left the room hesitantly.

It was already nine in the morning, Ashley passed by the coffee shop and she got Hayden's coffee.

"Excuse me Mrs Simpsons " Ashley turned around and she faced  a muscular man with brown hair and dark eyes, her eyebrows raised questioningly.

"Hmmm yes?"

"I am called Brian Winters and I work with Emily but she has been lost in the last three to four days, is there anything I need to know?"

Ashley stared at him.

Brian shifted on his feet "Okay what I mean is that, you always with her at Lunch and I guess you are friends, so I guessed that you know her whereabouts"

Ashley's lips curved upwards " Mr Winters, don't worry Emily is soon coming back probably on Monday"

A relived breath escaped Brian's nostrils "Okay , thank you Mrs  Simpson."

"You are  welcome" and with that Ashley continued to level seven.

"Good morning sir" Ashley greeted Hayden  as she placed his coffee on his work desk.

Hayden watched her attentively "Good morning Ashley"

Awkward silence filled the room and after a while Hayden said "How is Emma" Immediately a smile drew on his face.

Ashley's face relaxed and a warm smile  covered her face "She is fine , actually I just dropped her at school"

Hayden enjoyed the proudness in her tone, the happiness he saw in her eyes when she talked about her daughter. To Ashley  Emma was the only good thing that had ever happened to her  in life. He wondered how Alison's life would be if her mom didn't die all of a sudden,he clearly saw it that Alison needed a mother figure in life.

"Okay that's so nice , I liked her " Hayden said with a smile.

Ashley's eyes widened in surprise her face full of excitement " Ohhh, thank you"

"You are welcome Ashley"

Ashley sent a warm smile in his way and she left to her office.

Hayden watched her back until she closed the  door. His phone rung and he  picked it up immediately, he waited for the person on the other side speak first
"Hey son" A familiar voice erupted from the speakers. He knew the voice,it was that he never wanted to hear again, that voice that betrayed him at a time he needed it most. Back then when he was still a boy it was the voice that pushed him further to work harder, he enjoyed its complements , it was that voice that made him enter into law, it was that voice that he took so much proud in until that day.

His grip on the  phone tightened .
"What do you want dad" He asked in gritted teeth. His voice held anger.

"Can we talk please, I need to see you"

His eyes turned extra dark "Why-"

"Hayden please_"

"Can't you tell it to me right now" He cut him off angrily.

His father kept quiet and after two to three seconds he said "Hayden I have a party at home with my fellow entrepreneurs, my partners would like to see you because _"

"What if I don't want to come, besides what matters in your world are only riches, I don't have a rich woman to come with" Unexplainable pain passed through his veins as he said the last words.

A tired sigh escapes from his father "Hayden I know what we did was wrong but your mom is missing you and... I am also missing you, we need you back and our grand daugh_"

Before he could finish his sentence Hayden interrupted fiercely"Don't dare say it out, Alison is only mine "

"The party is there next Sunday, we are expecting you, take care son" The line went dead after that.

Hayden looked at the phone in his palms. He didn't know what to do, he knew no one can really hate their parents but what his parents did was unforgivable.
At the same time, Betty's words echoed in his ears.

"Alison needs them" and he also wanted her to meet her grandparents, he wanted her daughter to get a normal family , he wanted her to explore the life beyond him and Betty. She only knew two people only even the kids from her kindergarten.

Was his dad trying to say that he wanted to see Alison, had he called her grand daughter?

Was he trying to say that he accepted Alison in the Matthews family.

It had been years since he last saw his own family and truth to be told he also missed them, but_