37 "Just some girl"

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, Em." He grins with lazy eyes.

"Congratulations man" Hunter claps him hard on the back making Hunter wince but he grins. "A son and a daughter, that's definitely going to keep you busy."

"We have absolutely nothing for Arlo. Tara went crazy with pink once we found out it was two girls." Devon says humorously. "Baby Emmy is going to be one spoiled little princess."

"Emmy?" I grin instantly. "Where did that come from?"

"Just some girl" he grins cheekily. "No one special" Devon shrugs at me. "How could we not let you influence one of their names? You're one of the reasons they're here after all."

I can't believe they named one of their babies after me. Well not really, but the fact that it's so similar means the world to me. I think It's the highest privilege a person can have. I feel so overwhelmed right now. Tears start to brim my eyes but I swipe them away.

"Yep. If my girl hadn't come to her senses and realised I'm the better man." Hunter jokes earning a punch in the arm from his best friend.

I roll my eyes. "When can we meet them?" I ask eager to meet the twins and give Tara a massive cuddle.

"Tara's sleeping right now, maybe later on today?"

I nod happy with his answer. "Don't worry about Arlo, we'll get some things for him and bring them when we come back." I offer trying to be helpful.

"Thank you, Emily"

"I love you man, I'm proud of you," Hunter says as we get ready to leave. It's ironic that at one point in time, Hunter couldn't stand Devon.

"I love you too" Devon replies giving Hunter the biggest manly hug I've ever seen.

XxxxxxxxX

"Fuck, I'm broody. Are men even capable of being broody?"

Hunter is pulling one of every single item from the rails, there are sleepsuits and vests, trousers, t-shirts, little booties and socks, it's all so adorable but I think Hunter might be going a little overboard. Not that I would tell him that, he looks so happy.

"I think so. I can't wait to meet them."

"Me too. Can you imagine what we're going to be like when it's our baby coming into the world?" Hunter says excitedly.

Strangely, I can't. I guess after everything that's happened I just never thought we would get to this point. Everything seems too calm and quiet. I don't want to jinx myself so I decide not to comment on it.

"Shit Emily, this is going to cost a fortune" Hunter complains but his eyes are so bright and alert that I begin to laugh at him. "Not that I care. Only the best for my nephew."

He picks up some more sleepsuits and I protest. The baby has enough damn sleepsuits to wear a different one every night for at least the next six months, he'll most likely grow out of them before he even has a chance to wear them.

"Hunter, I think we have enough"

Hunter looks carefully at the huge pile of clothes, I can tell he's making a mental checklist to make sure we have everything Tara and Devon could possibly need for baby Arlo.

"Okay, fine." He says seemingly happy with our stash before making our way to the checkouts.

Hunter hands over his credit card while I pack our purchases into bags. When we get to the car, we place it all in the trunk and climb in. Instantly, I strap on my seat belt.

When Hunter climbs in behind the wheel, he smiles at me, his happiness is infectious.

I grin at him.

He starts the car and we drive for a few moments before I turn the radio on, a song blasts loudly through the speakers and I turn it down a notch, listening to the soft lyrics of Ed Sheeran.

It reminds me of our road trip back from New York after our engagement party.

Hunter side-eyes me and I know he's thinking the same.

I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favourite song.

"When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight"

We both burst into song at the same time and start to laugh. We're not the most harmonious of people so It sounds absolutely atrocious, I can guarantee Simon Cowell would be mortified.

"You really love Ed, don't you?" I say jokingly.

"Hey! Ed Sheeran is a lyrical genius, don't hate or I'll kick you out of this car right now." He says looking deadly serious.

"You're a tool" I chuckle and the car comes to a sudden halt. As he pulls over to the side of the road.

"Did you just say you want my tool?" Hunters eyes are full of mischief. "You're welcome to it if that's the case."

I've never been a very bold person. I hate doing anything I'm not comfortable with, even when it comes to Hunter, who I feel a hundred per cent comfy and content around. I hate taking risks and spontaneity but something shocks me with a sudden surge of confidence.

I glance around at our surroundings. We're in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees.

I take a deep breath, pushing away the fact we could be caught at any moment and remove my seatbelt. Making him shudder in anticipation, I slowly and carefully climb onto his lap.

"What are you doing?" He grins up at me, his eyebrows raising. I can tell he's surprised. Sure we've had sex in a car before but I wasn't the one to instigate it, Hunter just worked his magic and within minutes I was putty in his hands.

"Exactly what you think I'm doing," I say before kissing him hard, his reply getting lost in the kiss.

Next Chapter is the final one!!!

Omg scary times... Don't forget to check out my new story. It's called, Secrets I Tell My Number Neighbour, and it can be found by visiting my profile.

Thanks for reading!