"Oh, totally forgotten." Allison brushed it off

"No, not forgotten by me. Come on. Call me a "horrid bitch" or something." She insisted

Alex looked up, a grin on her face "You are a horrid-..

"Alex" Allison stopped her.

"I'm kidding" Alex held her hands up. 

Kate couldn't help but laugh quietly at her, alex got some her attitude form somewhere.

"You were just being protective."

"I was being a protective horrid bitch Who is giving you your birthday present early so you'll forgive her." Kate smiled, handing her the present.

Allison pulled out a necklace, it had a symbol of what looked to be a wolf - which was entirely ironic.

Alex looked between kate and the necklace. Alex found herself at a crossroads, how could sje suddenly grow weary of the woman she confided in for years. She was Kate, a part of Alex wanted her to stay Kate.

"Forgiven?"

Allison beamed, nodding "Completely. I love it!" 

"It's a family heirloom. And you know me - I hate and loathe all sentimental crap"

Kate turned her attention to Alex, "don't think I forgot you. My little protege"

Alex bared a smile, a week ago what would have been a compliment. An instilled confidence.

Alex opened the box, inside was the same pendent but in the form of s ring. Alex assumed it wasn't as hereditary, but she always preferred it that way. Those family heirlooms always bared an unnecessary amount of responsibility.

"I love it. It's al the knowledge without the responsibility of the family" alex smiled, gently closing the box

*

When Allison opened her locker, she was met with a few balloons and card that spilled out from her locker.

When Alex opened hers, she was met with the same books she left the day previous; Lydia had a way of isolating those who she felt did not matter as much.

"Lydia?" Alex asked

"Yeah" Allison sighed, she noticed her sisters empty locker "Did you not-

"Nope" Alex muttered "But it's not gonna ruin my life" she shrugged

Scott appeared at the twins lockers, Allison jumped as she noticed him. More so his staring eyes towards the balloons.

"Is today your birthday?"

She started shoving things in her locker, not wanting Scott to see any - although it seemed way to late for that.

"No, no. Uh, no. I mean, yes. Please don't tell anybody. I don't even know how Lydia found out." Allison rambled, soon excepting her defeat. 

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" Scott asked, slightly offended

"Because I don't want people to know. Because....I'm 17."

"We are 17"  Alex corrected,

His eyes widened "You two are 17?"

Alex rolled her eyes, "Calm Down it's not like we told you we are forever aging vampires.. or would you prefer werewolves"

"That's the reaction I'm trying to avoid." Allison mumbled,

"Why? I mean, I - I totally get it. Uh, you had to repeat a year because of all the moving around, right?"

Scott McCall was the first person to ever assume right about their circumstances, which didn't go unnoticed. allison looked at Scott with a sweet smile on her face. She kissed him happily to thank him for not assuming what most people would

Scott looked at her confused "What was that for?"

"For literally being the first person to ever make the correct assumption Everybody's always like, "What - Did you get held back?" "Did you ride the short bus?" Uh, "Did you have a baby?"

"To clarify neither of us have children" Alex added.

"That's what you hear on your birthday?"

She sighed, nodding "Oh, yeah. All day long."

"Then What if we got out of here?" Scott suggested

"Skip class?" Allison asked

"Yeah, the whole day." He nodded.

"Well, you're asking someone who's never skipped one class to bail out the entire day, and I don't -

"If you get caught they'll go easy"  he added, hoping to convince her.

Alex had skipped a few times back in San Francisco. Allison however vowed against it.

"Yeah but it's not just my birthday" Allison hinted, looking back at alex.

Alex chuckled from behind, "Ally, I'm not your dependent. Go spent your birthday with your boyfriend"

"But-

"We can celebrate later." Alex interjected, "I'll be fine. Go, I'll cover if they find out"

...

The bell signalling lunch period rang, alex left her classroom. Disappointed she hadn't ran into stiles yet, coming to the sudden realisation she'd be spending lunch alone.

She really needed to make more friends.

Alex closed her locker, least expecting to see Derek hale standing the other side of it.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Alex questioned, her voice hushed.

"You are coming with me" Derek demanded.

Alex scoffed, "you realise I'm in school right now? Which for you - is weird to be here"

"You need to come with me" Derek repeated. Giving nose reason as to why.

"I'm not doing this today Derek. You've already traumatised me enough" Alex turned away, Derek grabbed her arm.

Alex looked back, "two seconds before I scream and your ass ends up back in sheriff stilinski car"

Derek wouldn't usually take a threat so seriously, but in the short time he knew Alex. He got to learn she doesn't make an empty threat.

So he let go.

"You tell me why and maybe I'll consider it"

"I know what you did in the pet clinic"

Alex's eyes grew. That seemed like a good enough reason.

"It's not what you think. I can promise that right now" Alex disclosed.

"We can't talk here. Come with me"

"Wha-.. do you see where I am right now. I can't just leave"

"Say you were sick, I don't know. Just say something"

She sighed and shook her head "I'm gonna live to regret this, Let's go."