Chapter 19

Luz POV

I was just goofing off when I heard willow shouting," wait your in love wit-" My head snapped towards willow and Amity to see Amity covering Willows mouth with her hand. She said something and pulled her hand away. They talked for a while before Willow started shouting at Amity. I jog over and hide behind a tree. I was able to hear part of their conversation.

"After you left me for people who aren't actually friends. After you made fun of me. yeah like I would be your friend." Willow shouts at Amity. Amity shrinks back willow rambled on about how Amity had ditched her. With every word Amity either shrunk back or but her lip.

"Willow shut up! I'm sorry that I called you names. Names that are more fit for me than for you. I'm sorry that I left you because I didn't want to be teased. Sorry that you have a better chance with her than I do." Amity growls rising from her spot on the grass. Tears were at the brim of her eyes. Willow had a face of confusion before asking," what do you mean names that are more fit for you?" Amity looked away from Willow avoiding her eyes.

"Your not half a witch. I am." Amity says softly shame in her voice. She's half a witch? Willow gasped in astonishment. She rushed up to Amity and grabbed her hand looking around her just like when she first saw me.

"How are you half a witch. You gained your powers before me." Willow asks pulling away from Amity. "They never properly developed. I have some power but it doesn't work well. I still need a training wand and... I don't have a gem." Willow gasped at the last part. She started panicking in away rambling about how important gems can be.

"Amity that could be very dangerous." Willow says towards Amity who was rubbing one of her arms. I decide that it would be a good idea to show myself. I walk behind Amity and lean over her shoulder. Willow noticed me and was about to say something but I put my finger to my lips in a shushing motion.When Amity turned to look avoid willows look she came face to face with me.

"Ahh Luz! How much did you hear?" Amity says playing with a little bit of her hair. I give her a small smile,"just about how your 'half a witch'." I put air quotes when I say half a witch before turning to look at Willow.

"Willow why were you shouting at Amity?" I ask putting my arm around Amity. Willow stiffens up before looking towards the ground. I pull my attention from willow towards Amity. I lean in and whisper into her ear discreetly ,"are you okay?" Amity nods softly still not meeting my eyes. Suddenly she goes stiff. She turns to me rapidly with a worried expression.

"Luz how long has it been since my last transformation?" Amity asks. I think back to when she had first transformed. "Oh yeah tomorrow you should be transforming again. Why do you ask?" Amity calmed down a little. Her face gained a small blush as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"Oh just because the last time I had transformed I felt like a kitten. And when you arrived I felt like a cat again." Amity says avoiding my gaze. I ruffle her hair a little before walking towards the owl house. Gus walked behind me a smug smile on his face.

"So Amity huh?" He asks falling in stride with me. I feel myself blush as I nod. He laughs a little at my bashfulness. I look over my shoulder to see Willow talking to Amity. Amity looked as if she was blushing and playing with her hair. Gus smirks at me looking at the green haired witch,

"Yeah Amity is something else. She has a cold front trying to protect herself from getting hurt. Despite that she is really sweet once you get to know her. She is really beautiful too." I let out with a dreamy smile. Gus laughs at my dream like state. Suddenly another laugh joins in with Gus. I jump a meter into the air and ended up tripping."whoa!" I feel familiar arms wrap around my waist keeping me from falling.

"Why does this happen so often?" Amity says a hint of amusement in her voice. I give a small laugh at the current situation we are both in. She stands me up straight and continues walking to the owl house. She looked over her shoulder at me and sent me a smile. I give her a smile my face feeling hot and my hands feeling clammy.

"I'm going to say this now... your freaking clumsiness will help you become my sisters girlfriend." Em says coming up behind me and Gus. I jump again and ended up tripping once more this time Ed caught me instead of Amity. He was so close to me. I make sure to try to keep myself away from him.

"Um thanks Ed can you let me go now?" I say nervously trying to pull his hands away from me. I hear a small growl and a disappointed sigh. I look around to see Em and Amity. Amity seemed annoyed and Em seemed as if she was disappointed. Em pulled on Ed's ear and Amity pulled me away from Ed and closer to her.

"Watch your hands Ed" Amity said a little bit of venom in her voice. She got really protective like when she was in her car form. Hm I wonder? I lift my hand and start petting Amity almost immediately she had calmed down and a small purr escaped her throat.

"Well Luz me and Willow must get going we have to go home our parents want us to get there early. See ya at school Luz. You too Amity." Gus says while walking away with a small wave and then they were gone. I wave back before looking back at Ed and Em. Em still had her Ed's ear in her hand pulling on it every so often. I look towards Amity to see that she had her arms crossed and a pout on her face. Oh my gosh I love you so much.

"Aww is someone jealous?" Amity's face goes red at my question. She looks away trying to hide her face. I wrap my arm around her shoulder."aww don't worry mittens you look really cute when you blush." I say quickly before pulling away and heading into the Owl house. I hear a stuttered hey and couldn't help but laugh at it.