( CHAPTER SIX ― SUSPICION )

[ act i - a noble like her ]
CHAPTER SIX
( suspicion )

    — HENRY AND ELIZABETH HAD BEEN SNEAKING AROUND FOR the past month

— HENRY AND ELIZABETH HAD BEEN SNEAKING AROUND FOR the past month. Always in hidden spaces, late at night while no one else was awake. It was the trace of lips here and there. The quiet whispers of what they wanted to do and who they wanted to be roamed around the walls of her room. Their quiet laughs still echoing in both their minds.

Dawson and Henry were currently working on the roof of the stable, doing the usual repairs. But in this current moment, they were sat on the roof starting out into the vineyards.

"It's gonna be a late harvest this year." Dawson spoke from his position next to Henry.

"How do you know?" Henry asked.

Dawson pointed to Elizabeth's father who was situated at the back of the house with his wife, drinking their afternoon tea. "Because boss man around this time is usually hiring more people and we've only got one, which is Harry." Dawson breathed in deeply.

Henry furrowed his brows as he followed Dawson's finger towards the Duke and Duchess, it was the sight of a ruby red dress that caught his attention instead. Elizabeth, her arm wrapped around Lord Jaspers arm, and they walked through the vineyards. Henry knew that Elizabeth nor Lord Jasper wanted to be married to one another but they had to keep up the facade.

"You pay that much attention to what Duke Grey does?" Henry asked as he smiled slightly, noticing how observant Dawson was.

"Of course," Dawson nodded. "So where've you been mate? I've not seen you around for days." Dawson said as he took a bite into an apple Harry tossed up before climbing up the ladder to join them.

"What do you mean?" Henry furrowed his brows and looked at Dawson.

"I'm saying that I used to be able to find you any time of the day. Now it's I can only find you during the day." Dawson looked away from Henry to see his wife, Rebecca walking over to feed the chickens. "I can't seem to find you late at night, it's like you disappear." Dawson finished as he returned a wave to Rebecca who was smiling widely up at him.

"I did not realize you paid attention to my whereabouts," Henry spoke as he looked back over to Elizabeth. "If you must know, I can not sleep at night so to ease my mind I take long walks." Henry said. This in a sense was true, before he and Elizabeth were running around.

"Yeah and I take long walks now that I can not fuck my wife," Dawson said and rolled his eyes. "If you're hiding something, just know it doesn't stay hidden for long. No matter how much you keep it under wraps it always finds its way out." Dawson stood back up, hands on his waist. "Just be careful, yeah? I don't wanna see nothin' happen to ya." He finished as he went back to work on the other side of the roof.