( CHAPTER FIVE ― THE THIRD FLOOR LIBRARY )

[ act i - a noble like her ]
CHAPTER FIVE
( the third floor library )

[ act i - a noble like her ]CHAPTER FIVE( the third floor library )

    — ELIZABETH WAS SHOCKED AT WHAT HENRY SAID. She never thought she would hear those words come from his mouth. He had left her in such a hurry that night she could hardly process what had happened. She breathed in deeply placing the lantern in her hand on a small table near the door. Henry had walked away from her slightly, he was pacing.

"I still do not understand why you asked me here." Elizabeth said, she held her head high as she looked him in the eyes.

He sighed, "I don't know why I asked you here," He looked down at the ground as he stopped pacing. "But I wanted to see you... I needed to see you." He trailed off.

"He doesn't want to marry me either," Elizabeth said, she did not know why but she knew she could trust Henry. "He said his heart belonged to another. That he was only marrying me because his parents asked him to." Elizabeth said as she slowly made her way over to Henry, she placed a hand on his cheek, making him look at her. "I do not want anyone but you..." She whispered looking into his blue eyes.

It was the first time she actually confessed her feelings for Henry, it was the first time she confessed them to herself. She wanted to forget about them completely so she became oblivious. She was sixteen when he'd come to work for her father. He had just turned nineteen, he was so attractive then that Elizabeth had developed a crush and overtime she fell in love with him.

For years she had kept her feelings hidden from him, from everyone including herself. She was twenty-one now and she knew it was time to tell him. To let her feelings for him out and hopefully he'd feel the same.

"Elizabeth..." Henry started out.

"Henry, I've felt this way about you since I was sixteen. I've kept it hidden from everyone including myself because I knew it was wrong..." Elizabeth whispered. "But I can not hide the way I feel anymore. Because I want you. I do not want to be without you, Henry..." She continued as she looked up at him, a single tear leaving her left eye. "And it is my hope that you feel the same..." She bit her lip, her green eyes staring into his as her hand grabbed the material of his shirt.

Her heart was pounding in her chest, she was so scared and nervous. She thought she would faint right here at this moment. Elizabeth felt Henry's hand slowly make its way up to her cheek, his rough hand making contact with the smoothness of her skin. Her breath shook and she closed her eyes, leaning her face into his touch.

"You really feel that way?" Henry looked at her face, the most beautiful face he'd ever seen.

Elizabeth nodded one of her hands grabbing his wrist as she opened her eyes and looked up at him. "Yes, Henry. I would never lie to you."