Chapter 10: Jet

Beginne am Anfang

"What's this supposed t- AHH" The rope suddenly pulled him up into the trees.

Next, I grabbed onto the rope and went up.

Aang flew up while me and Sokka stared in disgust at Katara and Jet having a romantic moment.

"Wait a second while I go throw up." Sokka weakly walked away.

That night we all sat by a large table where Jet gave a speech. "Today, we've defeated the fire nation once more! I am glad to say we have the avatar staying with us. As well as her friends."

Jet smirked at Katara before joining to sit next to her. Everyone cheered for Jet. Well, everyone besides me and Sokka.

When the meal was over Jet showed us where we'd be sleeping.

Sokka spoke up, "You know my instincts are telling me we should really get going tomorrow."

Katara snapped at him, "What is your problem with this place? We can't leave. Tomorrow, me and Y/n are helping Jet fill the dam to protect the forest. The fire nation is planning to burn it down."

"Uhh, I am?" I asked her.

"Oh sorry I didn't tell you, but I really need your help. I'm trying to protect my people. And Sokka, I actually needed you for an important mission tomorrow."

"What mission?"

Sokka had gone off with Jet on whatever mission while I sat there, bored.

"Come on Y/n, we're supposed to meet Jet at the dam soon."

Katara had somehow convinced me to go help, even though I had my doubts.

"Hey, you guys are here. Sokka just got back to the base."

Katara smiled happily, "Tell us, what can we do to help?"

"There's water trapped under ground and it needs to be freed. Once it's free it'll all come pouring out."

Katara looked down, "I've never bended water I can't see."

I placed my hand on her shoulder, "Katara I know you can do it."

Jet agreed, "You can do it Katara, and I know the avatar definitely can."

Me and Katara walked towards the first hole and started bending the water. Soon enough it had all came out.

We moved on to the next one, and the one after that, and on and on until Jet said we had done enough.

By the time we got back, I was so exhausted and I was about to sleep until I heard a commotion outside.

"He told you that I ambushed an old man but did he mention he was fire nation?"

Katara huffed, "No, he conveniently left that part out."

Sokka got really upset, "He was harmless!!"

"He was sent to assassinate me." Jet pulled out a knife and unscrewed the top. "There's a secret compartment for poison."

"I didn't see a knife!"

"He concealed it."

Sokka was about to say something else until Katara put her hand on his arm and said, "You know what? I'm tired of this! Jet is a nice guy and he wouldn't do anything to hurt us so I don't get why you don't trust him!"

Sokka kicked a pebble and walked away.

Now that the screaming is over... I walked to my bed, plopped down, and passed out the second my head touched the pillow.