Chapter 5

The girls were standing at the door of the cafe the next day with their trays of food. The boys were there already and Kristin do not wish to  go to their table, Jessica tried to force her.
" see, Jess is not even there and am sure the guys will welcome you " Jessica said "please "

" I... "

" come on " Jessica gave her a full grin showing her white teeth.

Kristin followed Jessica to the table
" hey Jessi"

" hello guys, meet my friend Kristin, Kristin meet Rand, Troy and Quinn" she pointed to the guys, Rand smiled welcomingly at her, Troy waved at her with a puppy dog eyes and Kristin knew they will get along well.

Quinn never smiled or waved, he just looked at her up and down then to his phone, Kristin got the message that he does not like her.

" well, try to ignore him" advice Jessica quietly to Kristin.

" come sit already " Troy said gesturing to an empty seat beside him.

When the girls were seated, the boys went on with their argument except Quinn of course.

" you see I told you, they are nice". Jessica elbowed Kristin lightly
" thanks " Kristin smiled

" anything for you, what do you say we should have a sleepover this wee... "

Kristin spit out her water earning a glare from Quinn, Troy reached out to pat her back.

" sorry " Kristin managed to say when she could speak " it went the wrong way "

" yeah, I just saw the water pass through your eyes " joked Troy

" thanks " smiled Kristin at least someone was not mad at her

" are you okay? " Jessica asked

" yes, sorry about that "

Jessica nodded " so what do you say ? ".

" I... I don't think I can come over "

" but why? "

" I have to take permission, plus this week I have to prepare for two test, so I can't make it " Kristin said

Jessica was surprised " first time you spoke so long to me " her smile dropped immediately when her brain registered what Kristin said " you can't come? "

" yes, am sorry "

" okay, maybe another time then " Jessica shrugged

Kristin agreed, eating her food, she just can't imagine her father giving her the chance, some people may wonder, why can't she run away?  Well she needs to be fully educated and her father don't mind in doing that.
At least she can benefit from it than being homeless and helpless.

" nice hair" complimented Rand bringing her out of her thought.
Kristin looked up and saw Rand smiling at her, she blushed hiding her pink face with her hair
" em... Thanks "

"Awwwww did you just blushed cute face? " Troy laughed

" guys" warned Jessica with a knowing smile, she leaned close to Kristin and whispered " you know they are right huh" she paused " am sure Jess have feelings for you "

Kristin again choke on her food, Quinn angrily left the table while the others laughed and saw to her condition. 

When Kristin got home, the house was in deep silent, it was a tiny apartment she shared with her father, and she was alone most of the time, which she was greatful for, she quickly changed and went to the kitchen to start preparing for dinner.         
She did her father's lundary then went back to her room to finish her assignment.

" KRISTIN! " her dad's voice woke her from her sleep , she got up instantly and ran out to him, he was sitting down in the small dinning room with a beer " foolish girl, get me my food "

She did as told, she stood aside and watch him eat.  He took a spoon and stopped, the spoon fell on the plate and Kristin heart fell with it.

" what the hell" he cursed,  standing up while she moved back, oh not today.