【𝓢𝓪𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲】

Começar do início

"Sorry, just a bit tired."

The man across from you gave a small grimace, before taking a sip of his own drink. You had promised to meet up with Sanemi today, especially since it was his one day off of work in such a long time. He had wanted to exchange words over lunch, and here were the both of you, sitting quite awkwardly in the small café you chose.

You had arrived first, taking a seat near the large window as your eyes watched every person pass by, waiting for your childhood friend to arrive. When you caught a glimpse of his snowy hair bouncing through the crowd, you waited for him to enter, waving him over to the table once you heard the light chime of the entrance door opening. It had been a few minutes since then, and after exchanging greetings the conversation was light, as usual.

Your legs swung as you sat on the tall stool, your feet barely skimming the ground as the action made you feel somewhat childish. Sanemi was much taller than you, along with his well-defined build (due to his excessive training for his job), he looked too big for his seat. The thought made you form a small smile. Bringing yourself back to reality, you took note of Sanemi's disgruntled state, his grumpy mumbling and hunched figure proved he was having a hard time with this reoccurring incident. You cleared your throat, raising a hand to awkwardly scratch a finger at your blushing cheek.

"Sorry Sanemi. Can you please repeat that?"

A loud, and much over exaggerated sigh left the man's lips, pinching the bridge of his nose as his hands later raked through his messy hair.

"That fucking highschool kid again. This is about the seventh time he's been reported."

A snort escaped you, covering your grinning face as you glanced down to poke at your food. He was so excessive sometimes. Quirking an eyebrow, you playfully kicked his shin underneath the table.

"Leave the poor boy alone Sanemi. I'm sure he doesn't mean it."

His scowl grew.

"He fucking flipped over the car yesterday morning. I was lucky Genya was with me for patrol, I'm sure I would've done more than kick his ass if he wasn't there. Anyways, we talked with the school officials, they sent a notice to his parents."

Inadvertently shaking your empty cup, you listened to the last few ice cubes clink together. Sneakily reaching over for his own steaming tea, you dragged it back towards your frame, taking small sips. Sanemi was too distracted in his rant to notice.

"Such a tattletale, telling on his parents like that. You used to be like that too Sanemi, luckily you grew up after grade school."

Hunched over his drink, you swatted his scarred hand away when he reached to retrieve it. It was silent for a few moments, reminiscing the years when the two of you were back in highschool, everything seemed so perfect and easy then. What happened after that? Where did the happiness go? Was it because you grew up? The sudden reality that not everything is perfect finally hit you once you graduated, when your friends left to start their own lives, your family no longer behind you as you were like a bird flying away from the nest. The thing was that you had never left your hometown, you were the only one who stayed, except Sanemi of course. He'd never leave you, after going through thick and thin together, he was always there, even if you failed to recognize it.

"So, what was so busy last night that you didn't have time to talk to me? You're usually quick to answer, maybe you're getting tired of me, huh?"

Sanemi's joke didn't sit well with you, smile leaving almost immediately. Hooking the heels of your shoes against the wooden support beam of your chair, you glanced out the glass windows, watching laughing families and friends scurry along the streets. A quick pang of guilt attacked your heart, clutching at your pants as you forced a content and carefree expression. He'd be too dense to notice its false credibility.