020 | I'm Just Hungry

t h i r dp e r s o n

t h i r d
p e r s o n .

Taehyung is well-aware of his wrongdoings, and he doesn't expect Jennie to open her heart to him that easily. He knew that she was really heartbroken over what he did to her, and he accepts that.

It's past midnight, and he couldn't help but stare at the number that Jennie gave him last time. Should I call her? He contemplated.

After a series of thoughts rushing into his mind, he decided to just fuck it and call her. After a few rings, he bit his bottom lip, nervous as ever. It was past midnight, yet he knows she's still awake. She has problems sleeping.

Just at the seventh ring, that's when she finally picked up. Taehyung felt both excited and nervous, he's eager to talk to her. "Hello? G-Gucci?" He even stuttered, unsure if it was a good time to call her by that nickname he's given her.

"What? Who's Gucci?"

He stopped. It wasn't Jennie. However, he knows that voice.

"Irene-ssi?"

"Who's this?"

"O-oh, it's V from BTS," Taehyung wanted to curse out loud. Jennie Kim! He inwardly yelled. "I'm sorry, Jennie gave me this number. I thought it was hers."

"Jennie . . . oh wait, Jennie? As in Kim Jennie from BLACKPINK?" Irene clarified.

"Yes, I-Irene-ssi..." Taehyung felt admittedly nervous. Irene can make any man quiver in fear in just a second. "I'm terribly sorry, but d-do you have Jennie's number?"

Irene stopped for a moment before laughing. "That's new. Jennie, huh? Not Jennie-ssi?" she laughed even more, making Taehyung confused. "I do, but I ain't giving it to you."

"W-why not?" Taehyung continued to stutter, and he lightly slapped his cheek because of doing so.

"Nini will kill me," Irene told him. "Maybe you can ask for her number yourself?"

"I did, but she gave me yours..."

"Oh well," Irene chimed. "How about you do something romantic for her instead? Don't you know her heart flutters at romantic actions?"

"Really?" Taehyung seemed amazed. "But she seems unfazed."

"She just appears to. Her heart easily flutters by romantic gestures, especially when it comes to you," Irene giggled. "Don't tell her I said that."