13. Welcome To Kooklandia

"Alex, what the hell?" Devyn questioned, shocked at the fact that he was here right now

"Come on," Alex snapped, grabbing ahold of her wrist as he dragged her outside, the girl sending an apologetic look over her shoulder to her friends, who were just as confused as she was. "I can walk just fine on my own."

"Shut up," he grumbled lowly, opening their front door and shoving her inside. Barry stood from the sofa, shooting the girl a sly grin as Alex released his tight grip on her.

"Hey, princess," Barry smirked at her, the girl's face scrunching up in confusion. "Two times in one day."

"Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?" Devyn snapped, rubbing her sore wrist from where Alex had grabbed her.

"We need your help," Alex repeated vaguely as she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I got that part," she sneered sarcastically, gasping as Alex grabbed her by the throat, shoving her up against the wall.

"Drop the attitude, Devyn," her brother snarled lowly, squeezing her throat tightly with both hands as she gasped for breath.

"Hey, man," Barry spoke up, not liking the way this was going. "We good. Cool it."

"Shut up!" Alex snapped at him, turning to face his sister who was sputtering for air, her face turning red as she clawed at his hands with her nails, her feet lifting off the ground.

"Are you ready to cooperate?" Alex snarled once more, letting her drop after a moment as she nodded fearfully.

As soon as her feet hit the ground she collapsed to the floor, coughing harshly as her fingers brushed over her already bruising neck. She wheezed as she tried to breathe normally, looking up at her brother with tears clouding her eyes.

"We need you to go to a party, help move some blow," Alex told her as he cracked his neck, hatred in his eyes as he looked at her. So much for their first civil conversation in a year, Devyn thought to herself.

"What?" She rasped, confusion clouding her features for the thousandth time that day.

"We need the cash and Barry needs the coke gone," Alex explained to her, Barry looking at her sadly.

"It's a one-time thing and you won't go alone," Barry told her, squatting down in front of her with sympathetic eyes.

"Who would go with me?" Devyn asked him softly, ignoring the tear that fell from her eye, her voice strained.

"Rafe."

Devyn's face hardened as she stumbled to her feet, shaking her head. "Hell. No. I'm not going anywhere with that piece of shit."

"Well, you are," Alex crossed his arms as he glared at her. "He's already on his way here to pick you up. All you have to do is sell some snow, easy as that. And make sure he sells his too."