"He vowed that he would never let it happen again and that if I made a friend only he'll decide whether or not they were truly worthy of being my friend, " It all seemed to make sense now, Atlas wasn't being toxic he was being protective.

"It's okay Ben, he was only trying to be a good friend, " I smile brightly at him. "It was my mistake of failing that little friendship test, I should've tried harder."

Ben shakes his head. "You don't have to try at all, the moment I saw you. I knew you were the perfect friend, " he announces, a smile beaming on his pretty face. Little did he know, I was far from perfect. All I could think about was how I'll be betraying both of them by supplying Silvia with information about Atlas.

"Anyways why did you come to class so early? It's still lunch period."

Ben caresses his nape awkwardly. "I came to look for you the moment Atlas told me that he approves of you being my friend."

Just at the mention of Atlas' name, Zenith snaps his pencil.

Ben snaps his focus on to Zenith promptly, his facial expression turning grim.

Zenith drastically stood up, dismissing our curious gaze as he saunters out of the classroom. It took me a second to realise that his earphones were never plugged in.

He was listening to the conversation the whole time.

Ben awkwardly glances at me. "I'll be right back!" he exclaims before hurrying outside. My only prediction was that he was after Zenith. My eyes fall on the door, should I follow after them? Would it be invading their privacy if I did so?

Without thought, I follow after a flustered Ben.

I hide behind the lockers immediately.

Ben gripped Zenith's arm tightly. His expression looked almost pleading as he looked up at the tall boy. "Zen... Why do you still ignore me after everything? We're supposed to be friends. Friends don't avoid each other." his voice cracks, causing my spirit to shatter.

Zenith shrugs off his tight hold. Moving ahead, ignoring Ben silently. But Ben doesn't give up, he reaches out to grab Zenith's legs, he lays on the ground helplessly as he used his body weight to prevent him from walking further.

"Please Zen, I know Vincent is gone but please don't leave us too." Ben whispers, tears pooled around his celestial eyes. Vincent, their friend Vincent left. My eyes grew curious as Zenith's frigid eyes look down at Ben.

"You and I were a team." Ben says, holding on to him.

"There's only a me in team, let go." Zenith says coldly, his eyes equaling glaciers.

Ben leans on to him. "I don't want to, everything should go back to normal. You, Atlas and me are supposed to be friends for life, don't you remember making that promise Zen? You promised us years back that we'll always remain friends no matter what."

Zenith leans down slowly. "Promises are meant to be broken," he whispers roughly. His words cause Ben to release his tight grip immediately, the words cause tears to fall out of his eyes. He looked hopeless, it was as if the mankind left him to starve alone.

"Atlas was right." Ben says, standing up from his position on the floor. The mention of Atlas' name causes Zenith to freeze in his position, his eyes were fixed on Ben. "You're so focused on being on top, you could care less about those who care about you. The meaning of your name, it's the time at which something is most powerful. To me, you're not powerful, you're weak. It took Vincent leaving for me to realise how self-absorbed you are. Just because you're gifted with good looks it doesn't mean you're any special... you're bitter, miserable and cold." his words leave Zenith void.