Chapter 25

"Son of a bitch! You're bluffing, where the fuck is he!" I walked in the cell then pulled Dominik up to his feet by grabbing a handful of his shirt then pushing him against the wall. This was bullshit and he's going to tell me the truth even if I have to beat him.
"Just accept the fact that I did this to hurt her." He said. He looked serious but I didn't believe him.
"I'm going to find that child. I know you aren't serious!" I said. I turned him around and put handcuffs on him pushing him forward. Grayson has said nothing so far. He's letting me finally take control. I looked over to see him with a blank expression on his face.
"Grey?" I asked.
"Yeah?" He asked back.
"You aren't stopping me for doing anything. Is everything ok?" I asked.
"Yeah I only realized that this guy needs help and that you are the only one who could handle him." He explained.
"Oh." I said.

...

I shoved Dominik in the backseat of the car. I got in the front seat then turned the car on.
"Dominik I'm going to take you to the damn hospital but tell me where you put Jason." I said.
"You won't find him because he's dead." Dominik said.
"Killing your own son? Dominik are you out of your mind? What kind of sick man would lie about this kind of stuff. This ain't a game. It's real life. So tell me where he is Dominik." I said calmly.
"He's dead." He said. I rolled my eyes in disbelief, he's absolutely insane. "If you don't believe me go check by the south mountains. And being a shovel." He said. I stayed quiet and shook it off. I looked over to Grayson. He was just sitting there thinking and thinking.
"You good?" I asked putting on my seatbelt.
"Yeah fine just worried about the kid." He said.
"Why?" I asked.
"I had a kid too. He died in a car crash with my wife. They both weren't lucky. I just hope he is alright because I don't want to feel anything similar to what I went though. And he's a baby. Babies aren't guilty of anything." He said.
"I'm sorry for your loss." I said feeling sorry.
"Don't worry about it. Let's get back to the hospital." He said wiping his tears way and pulling himself together. I nodded and began to drive.

...

Dominik was being checked out and possibly getting surgery for his arm. Grayson left to get some coffee, while I went to go visit Scarlett. I walked in quietly. She was still sleeping peacefully although I know that she isn't comfortable and she doesn't feel peace.
"Hey Scarlett." I whispered, caressing her cheek soft with my knuckles. "How are you? Better than me? Because I'm doing horrible... please wake up soon. I miss you princess." I said. I hadn't noticed that I had began to cry. I could control myself. I just want her to wake up just so I could see those eyes that I admire so much.
I put my hand over hers and bowed my head down to the floor sobbing. I felt her fingers slowly move. I immediately shot my head up to see her and her moving hand. Her eyes were still closed but it seemed like she wanted to wake up. Her monitor began to go crazy again. I pressed the button for help. A nurse and doctor walked in and obviously kicked me out.
"Hey? What happened?" Grayson asked confused.
"She was trying to force herself to wake up. I put my hand over hers and she was slowly trying to hold it; making her monitor to go crazy. So they kicked me out." I explained.
"That's a good sign right?" He asked.
"I hope so." He gave me a small smile.
"Everything will be just fine." He said.
"Where is she? Where is my little girl." I turned around to see two people rushing into the hospital. "Doctor help us please! Where is Scarlett Grey?" The woman asked. I lifted an eyebrow then looked over to Grayson who was just as confused and I was.
"You know Scarlett?" I asked. Both the man and woman looked at me in confusion as well.
"You know our daughter?" The man said.
"Oh. So you two are the parents." I mumbled. Grayson cleared his throat and took a sip of his coffee.
"Yes and you are?" Scarlett's mom asked.
"I'm the cop who was watching over her recently." I said.
"Hmph. You certainly haven't been doing a very good job." Her father said. I shut my eyes feeling even more guilty.
"Hey don't say that too him. He's been through a lot of bullshit for your daughter. Everyday he's always ready to take a bullet for her. And I'm sorry to say but where the hell were you two yesterday and everyday before that?" Grayson said bursting out angrily. If I'm going to be honest, I've never seen him like this ever.
Scarlett's parents were speechless and began to look guilty themselves.
"Ready to take a bullet for our daughter?" Scarlett's mom asked.
"Yes. I would do anything for her." I said.
"Are you and her-" she asked stopping in the middle of her sentence.
"They are." Grayson said. I looked over to him then back at her parents.
"I'm sorry for my husband and his rude comment." She said giving him a look of disapproval.
"It's okay. She's in room 203 if they will let you in. Grayson and I have something to do and we will be right back." She nodded. We walked away and got in the car.
"So what are we doing?" Grayson asked.
"We are going to the southern mountains to see if that sick bastard was telling the truth or a lie." I said.
"Okay drive away." He said.

...

I parked in a random spot and took out my flashlight. Grayson and I looked everywhere. There was nothing. As I was going back to the car Grayson called me anxiously.
"Cole! Cole get over here now!" I saw Grayson digging until he couldn't dig anymore.
That's when we saw the most disturbing thing I could ever see in my life. I put my hand over my mouth and fell down on my knees.
"No! This isn't real! It's fake please tell me it's fake!" I yelled. Grayson dug deeper pulling him out. This was a nightmare happening in reality.
"I'm sorry Cole."
How will I tell her?

Story will continue! Thank you for reading! Until next time! 😊