Chapter 24

"Hey, how you holding up?" Grayson asked handing me a cup of coffee. I looked up at him then the coffee. I slowly took the coffee and stared down at it.
"It's been hours. It's almost sunrise and I've heard nothing about her. I'm- I'm beginning to think that she died and they...they.." I put down the coffee and teared up bad. I put my hands over my eyes. I felt myself slowly slip into a breakdown.
"Hey bro it's gonna be alright. She will live because she will fight for you and her son." He said sitting down by me.
"Let's hope." I said.
"Family of Scarlett Grey?" My head shot up at a doctor holding documents in his hand and looking over them.
"Yes? What? Where is she? Is she okay? Is she breathing? Answer me dammit!" I demanded desperately.
"Cole calm down." Grayson said.
"Well we got her to breath again after hours and hours but there is something.." He said.
"What?!" I asked.
"She's in a coma. There's no way of knowing when she will wake." He said. I sat down and began to process everything.
"Thank you doctor." Grayson said. "Can we see her?" He asked.
"Yes she's in room 203." The doctor walked away. I sat up and hurried to room 203 and when I entered and saw her laying there looking pale, it didn't even look like her. There was a mask over her face to help her breath it made me feel like a failure.
"Are you okay?" Grayson asked.
"I failed. I said I would protect her and I didn't. Instead I went after the motherfucker thinking that it was going to be easy to get to him. Maybe she's better off without me by her side." I said whispering the last part. It was so hard to say something like that but I feel like it's the right thing.
"Are you kidding me? If it wasn't for you, who sent me to your home to check on her, then she might have actually been dead. Don't distance from her because this happened. Listen you two have been through a lot of shit but you've both overcome it. Why is this any different? This only makes your relationship stronger." He said.
"She's in a fuckin hospital bed! Because I wouldn't fuckin stay way from her! If I would have just stayed away she would be-" Grayson cut me off.
"She would be in a miserable hell." He said.
"She would be in a miserable hell but she wouldn't be fighting for her life in a coma! That's better than this. And she would have her son with her on top of it." I said.
"It's about time you realize it." I turned around to see the man who said it. It was Dominik with a doctors mask on.
"You son of a bitch I'm going to kill you!" I threw a punch at his face making him fall back on a table and spill the water on the counter and shattering the glass vase all over the floor.
A doctor walked in, "What's going on in here? Do we need to call the police?" He asked.
"That won't be necessary." I said.
"You knocked an innocent man out." He said.
"He isn't innocent he's a son of a bitch that deserves to rot in hell!" I yelled.
"Okay I'm calling the police." The doctor said. I pulled out my badge and showed him.
"No need. I am the police." I said.
"We both are." Grayson said jumping in. The doctor said nothing but the silence broke when Scarlett's monitor began to sound all crazy.
I turned around to see Scarlett almost shaking in her sleep.
"What's happening?" I asked.
"I don't know but I'm going to need you two to get out." He said.
"What about him?" Grayson asked directing it to Dominik.
"Please do what you must to get him out too." The doctor said.
We dragged Dominik out of the room. Grayson sat him down on a chair. We waited for him to wake the fuck up.
"Wha-" Dominik mumbled while trying to wake up.
"Morning sunshine." I said sarcastically; turning my head over to the motherfucker. He only started to laugh like the joker but more man like.
"You.." He began to laugh even harder making me want to rip his heart out. "You didn't go through with killing me. Haha I knew you wouldn't because you are a pussy." Dominik began to laugh again. That's when I grabbed his hair and began to drag him outside of the hospital.
"Cole. Cole. This isn't appropriate in public." Grayson said behind me trying to calm me down.
"This sick idiot is going to pay!" I threw him in the backseat of my car. Grayson got in the passenger seat while I drove to the police station.
"Slow down." Grayson said. I ignored Grayson's request and kept on driving.
When we arrived to the police station I threw Dominik in a cell and locked him up.
"Now you are goin to tell me where you put Jason!" I said.
"I'll be dead before even open my mouth about that." He said smirking.
"Okay, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." I said taking out my gun and pointing it at him.
"Go ahead. I know you won't do it because then you won't know where I put him. Heck I bet your partner over here knows you wouldn't do it." He said. I shut him in the arm making him scream and hiss in pain.
"Cole." Grayson said. I turned over to him.
"That's enough. Don't you think?" He asked. I put my gun down.
"Listen I'm sorry I dragged you into this mess." I said.
"Don't worry about it you are like a brother to me but you know me I'm not really the violent type." He said.
"Hate to interrupt this lovely conversation but I'm bleeding!" Dominik said holding his bloody arm.
"I'll take you to the hospital if you tell me where you located Jason." I said. Once again Dominik was laughing. It was making my blood boil.
"Jason? My son? Scarlett's son?" He asked laughing.
"Yes, where is he?!" I asked.
"Dead."

Update again. 😁 Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading! The story will continue and I will talk to you all later! ❤️