Chapter 18: Back Off

~Alex's POV~

"Well, that was expected," I scoffed, locking my phone and putting it in my pocket.

"So what she won't answer your calls as much?" Jack said while flicking through a porno magazine I kept hidden under my mattress. "You don't even like her."

"It's called an image! And I can't have Mike take her from me," I replied. "I have to hold onto my reputation. He can't take me down!"

"Calm," Jack said, not sounding very interested in the conversation, of course more interested in the pictures in my book. "This won't do anything to damage your status."

"Yes it will," I said alarmed. "It already has. Everyone loves the little jokes that guy makes about me! That's it, I'll make some of him! Okay, help me think of some insults, and rumours!" I paced back and forth across my bedroom with my hand on my head.

"This is getting old," he mumbled. "No one even cares. Just break up with her, show her off to be the cheater that she is." I stopped in my tracks and stared at him.

"But I don't want to do anything bad to her." Jack looked up then rolled his eyes, looking back down. "I'll make it seem more like Mikeâs fault. Say he forced her... Oh but she may say the truth..."

"You're shit at this," Jack commented.

"Well that's why I have you!" I quickly said, sitting down next to him.

"Wonderful," he replied sarcastically.

"Please help me," I pleaded with him. Jack closed the magazine and put it down. He raised both his eyebrows and I knew what he meant.

I got down on my knees in front of him and begged again. "Please."

"Okay fine, I'll help you."

"You always do," I smiled as I began to undo his zipper.

~Mike's POV~

I turned the door knob as quietly as possible as I snuck into the house at two in the morning. But I failed to go unnoticed.

The light flicked on in the lounge room by the front door revealing Vic sitting in one of the seats, a juice box in his hand. "What are you doing home so late?" he asked staring at me.

I shushed him before whispering, "Nothing, what are you still doing up huh?"

"Nothing," he retorted back. "Just waiting to ask you how Tay's been." He raised an eyebrow. My eyes widened. How did he know I've been with her?!

"Why ask me?" I replied nonchalantly. "I haven't seen her in ages." I decided to go with that we don't see each other anymore, ever since Vic went spastic that she has a boyfriend.

"You haven't?" he asked arrogantly.

"Yeah, I haven't," I said firmly.

"Then why do you and Alex fight about this every time you see each other?"

"Hey, he's the one having a go at me," I replied with my head high. "I did nothing."

"So you're not the one that called him, quote, a 'cock-juggling thunder-ass'?" He asked doing the quotation marks. I had to hold back my laughter at the name I called him the other day, pure genius!

"Whatever!" I said, starting to walk off upstairs.

"But you were with Tay, weren't you?" Vic asked from his seat. I stopped mid climb up the stairs and turned around.

"What does it even matter? So what, you can't stop me," I confidently said. I turned around, just as I was about to walk again, Vic spoke.

"I wonder how mama and papa would feel about this?" he said as if he were wondering to himself. I let out a sigh and returned back to the living room.

Vic had a smile on his face as he tilted his head slightly, then raised bit his eyebrows. I wasn't going to play along with his games. Doesn't he remember I have more on him, than he does me?

"Well," I stared, sitting down on the coffee table ahead of him. "I'm sure they'd just love to hear about when you got drunk at Kellin's and stayed the night. Then lied to them that you were just 'going for a morning walk.' Seriously, when do you even go outside?"

Vic was left speechless. He was just staring at me blankly. I continued on. "You know that you were already on thin ice when it happened."

"I didn't get drunk at Kellin's though!" Vic interrupted finding his voice, as if this news would save him. "I was already drunk, then I went to Kellin's."

"So what?" I asked. "And I was the one who helped you. I helped make your story believable and-"

"Well you'd be going down with me. You told me to lie to get away with it. Like you said, you helped."

"But they will be too preoccupied with telling you off to realise I did anything," I replied. I leant in closer. "Whatever you try saying to them, I can get my way out of it by telling them all the crap you've hidden. Remember Cara's little sleep overs that they never knew about? Remember how- "

"Yo-you wouldn't," Vic whispered.

"I would if you did," I smiled and winked.

"You've done things too!" he argued.

"But they do expect it more from me," I said. "Theyâve found out half the stuff Iâve done already, some of which you donât even know. I just need you to keep this little incident hidden, okay?"

Vic gulped then nodded. "And one more thing," I added. "You're not as good as you make out. Youâre not the goody two shoes you act as if you are. You seem to be stuck in this world where you love to follow the rules, that you can't break them. But you know what, you break more than you even realise. Or is it that you are just against some peopleâs rules, like our parents?"

"I love my parents," Vic said with a stern face. He stood up, putting his juice on the table and walked upstairs. He's so easy. It doesn't sound like he will be saying anything about this to them. They will find out about Tay and I sooner or later, but not this way. When I make it out that she is really my girlfriend, and not someone elseâs. "And I do to go outside!" he argued again from the top of the stairs, before disappearing to his room.

----------

This was short, yes I am aware of thatâ€Â¦ But whatever!

And yeah sorry this took so long, I had like a thousand ideas of what I was going to do for this chapter, but it wouldn’t have made sense if I hadn’t done this instead. So those ideas shall come soon enough. This was really just a filler, giving you some information and what-not for chapters to come.

Please vote, comment, follow etc. (by the way, thanks for 100+ followers - thats lots to my)

Jalex <3