two

jisung had disappeared after those seven words, and three days passed before minho saw him again. during that time, minho thought a lot about ghosts and what he believed.

could jisung really be dead?

why had he left?

the demons didn't return to the twenty-one-year-old during those few days, something that he was grateful for. minho didn't know how or why, but jisung had somehow made them flee.

"it's not nice to ignore someone when they tell you they're dead," a voice said, startling minho. he dropped his yogurt onto a carpet, cursing. jisung only raised an eyebrow; if he tried to help, his hands would go straight through the objects.

minho glared at jisung, picking his things up. "it's not nice to startle the living," he snapped. "why do you even exist?"

"well, you see... when two people love each other very much—"

"you know what i mean," minho cut in.

jisung sighed and glanced at his own hands. "i know why i'm here no more than you do, minho. maybe i'm a guardian angel of some kind? maybe i don't even exist."

minho shook his head. "you have to exist, since i can see you."

"i guess, yeah. but why here? why in the middle of nowhere?" jisung looked around himself once more. "and why with someone who ignored me for three days?"

"i didn't ignore you! you disappeared," minho defended.

"yeah, sure." jisung scoffed, following minho back into the kitchen, where the latter threw out his ruined breakfast. minho turned back to the ghost and pointed at him, as if to be stern.

his voice only wavered slightly as he told his only conversational partner, "don't leave again."