Chapter Ten - The Man Called King

Start from the beginning

"Hi Miss. Bryan it's me don't worry" he said with a sweet smile " I remember you thank you so much for your help." I said "No worries it's my job plus you always greet me with a smile." "I glad me just smiling made such an impact on you Johnny." I said I looked down to see him holding and NULU bag "How is that for?" I asked him seeing how NULU isn't so cheap. "Well Miss. Bryan that's why I am here this is for you from a Mister. Hiroshi" Johnny paused with a smile and handed me the NULU bag "This is for tonight he said." Johnny bowed his head and left my doorway.

He bought me something to wear no one has ever did that extra step for me this is such a weird feeling. I headed towards my room and opened the NULU bag inside was long red and white dress with the back cut out it was a beauty to look at the pearl lining was outstanding. I look over at the clock on my wall "Oh snap it need to get ready!" Time flue by as I was rushing to get ready surprisingly enough the dress fits like a glove and hugs my small yet deep curves.

I made my way down to the main loft of the condo by the second I was getting nervous the more I waited my hands would shake "This is such a stupid idea I should go back and cancel." I said pasting back and forth "Oh wow you look wonderful Miss. Bryan" Johnny said I could see his cheeks getting red just like my gown "Call me Athena and thank you Johnny can you see if Mister. Hiroshi is outside?" I was hoping he would say no so I could just leave he comes back "Yes he is outside for quite sometime now." Oh man a guiltily feeling took over the nervous I once had I guess there is no going back I already have the dress on. I took a deep breath and stepped out.

He had this blissful look placed on his face it was hard to tell if he liked it or just wasn't pleased "You look outstanding Athena" as soon as he spoke my uncertainty was cleared up his strong stern voice became at a lost of words.

"Hello to you to Ren" I smiled at him to be honest I'm such I was blushing a little but my mocha skin tone hid it very well. "When I seen that dress in the store I just knew it would look even better on you." I couldn't handle the staring "Enough looking at me like that let's go before we are late." I said and we got into the car and we left into the night.

We arrived at the dinner party, we drank, laughed and even sang old songs. I got to meet all the wonderful people Ren works with they talk to highly of him. A tall slender pale skin women dressed in this medium length pencil dress, silver fox heels came walking out way by the looks of it; it was Mary-Ann and she is coming over with a tray of drinks passing them out one by one she made her way to me and Ren. "Here you guys go the president will be making a toast" she said with a smile I hated the way she smiled at me "To good times, good friends and to long life thank you all for being here tonight let's grown together as one cheers!" the president raised his glass and we all chanted "TO GOOD TIMES!"

"Bottoms up" Mary-Ann smiled and cheers her glasses with ours I placed my lips on the glass and all I heard was oops! " I'm so sorry Athena I got it all over your dress" Mary-Ann said with an sincerity in her voice while grabbing napkins trying to absorbing the Champaign she spilt on me. Ren turns around and yells out "What is going on?" while looking directly at Mary-Ann "Ren it is okay she didn't mean it " I said while placing my hand on his shoulder "Are you sure? Do you want me to take you home?" He kept throwing question after question at me with no room to answer him back "I am so sorry Athena come to the washroom I will dry you up" she grabbed mt hand to walk me to the back "Please Come Back" Ren shouted out threw the loud sounds of the crowd.

Mary-Ann and I walked back for the building where the washrooms where the washroom are located. The once loud sound of the music playing with the over powering voices trying to compete with it slowly became quite. " Thank you so much Mary-Ann not sure how to get this stain out. I feel so bad since Ren bought me this dress and all." I felt like I was just having a one sided conversation. She let's go of my hand and we come to a stop right at the woman's washroom door.

"Why are you here?" she snapped out of no where " I - I don't" she seemed so pleasant just moments ago " Is it hard for you to understand my words? Are they to big you're your little uneducated brain? Let me break it down for you so you can understand me. This is a work party friends and families of clients and co-workers yet he brings you why is that? And to make it even worse your wearing that fucking dress that I tired that on only for him to give it to you. did you know that?"

"Why would you never say something what makes you think you could come in my face, udder such pathetic words and let them dip off your lips? He is my friend you know what I don't have to explain what myself and him do to what we don't do okay! You are his secretary." I pulled myself even closer to her face "So you know what MISS Mary-Ann you are just so sad get over your little office crush because no one wants an ugly person on the inside."

I felt backed into a corner I would never think this girl was such a horrible person I could easily go back and fourth with her but I'm here as his guest I wouldn't want to give him a bad name. So I stopped myself for speaking any more words and left the party threw the back door. I hailed for the first cab I seen and jetted off back home. My tears barricaded my view of the flashing lights of the never sleeping city "15.73 miss lady in red" the cab driver spoke out with his back shivering voice I handed him a twenty "Keep the change."

I lifted the dress off the dirty New York street and ran inside my blood was boiled to a point where I didn't know what to do with myself I skipped the elevator and jetted to the penthouse using the stairs. I could only imagine what I look like passing doors after doors I stop at Rens doorway "I can't feel this way and I won't anymore." I wiped my tears the same tears I said I would never shed over no man again , unzipped the red dress from the back let it slip off my curves and left it at his doorway. " No more being weak."

**AN**

Sorry guys its been a while since i posted anything been super busy i didn't even have time to make covers which i love to do!

I think chapter we get to see more about KING and Athena which i know you guys wanted to see , did you guy want more? did this chatper give you want you wanted? I love how she snapped on mary-ann let me know with your comments and votes guys!