20: Her Heartbeat

Start from the beginning

"Okay?", he asked and I smiled as a response.

"Alright, the ten of you can come in first. We'll wait for another ten people to join you inside.", the staff that takes care of the people entering the house said close to my ears making me realized that the ten people are including me and Jaehyun.

We walked in passing the entrance gate hearing a voice repeating the same thing to us, "Welcome to Mono: The House of Horror."

The dim light made me a bit scared but I tried to stay calm as Jaehyun is beside me holding my hand.

"This is going to be great."

"I can't wait to meet the ghosts!"

"Are we allowed to punch them if we want to?"

All the chatters around me made me worried of what this house has in store for us. I hope it is not too scary for my scaredy-cat ass or I will run away from here as soon as I can.

"Please come forward, Horror Seekers! Welcome your fellow seekers in.", the staff said through the mic as I looked back to see another ten people entering the house behind us. "Alright, now that all of you 20 Horror Seekers are here, please listen well to the Horror Voice before I let all of you go further into the House. I remind you, it is important to listen to the Voice before you explore further inside. So, prepare your ears.", he continued before leaving us in the dark.

Yes, the dim light is not here anymore. It has gone dark now and a white noise is heard. It slowly turned into a female voice similar to the one that welcomed us earlier. So, that is the Horror Voice.

I listened to every bit of the words she said until she finished it all. She was just telling us about the rooms in that house and how we should explore all of them in brief. No words on any precaution to be taken serious or any words of telling us to not hurt the ghosts. It made me feel more worried now.

"Let's go.", Jaehyun said to me as he started to walk. Me, on the other hand, reluctantly makes a step following him. God, please make me strong to face whatever coming for me here.

"How do we know where to go in the dark?", I slowly complained but Jaehyun giggled at me. "These lights can help us.", he said as he pointed to the small lights above us.

I shook my head. "They're not enough.", I said but he shushed me. "It's haunted house. Too many lights won't make it haunting.", he told me making me had to keep my mouth shut after that. Can't he see me being scared? Come on, Jaehyun.

I kept following him as he entered the first room with the others. He seemed to be enjoying this haunted house but I definitely did not feel the same. My hands started shaking as we got into the room that looked like a hospital ward which was abandoned.

It was not too dark and I can see the beds in there. I watched around without touching anything and felt weird that the others can easily touch things in the room. I felt like I was the only one being scared there.

Just when we passed the second bed in the large hospital ward room, the lights started to go off. I screamed a little and stayed frozen where I have been standing. A screeching noise bothered my ears and then, I saw a wheelchair coming towards me slowly by itself.

I cannot see anything else as the spotlight only shone on the wheelchair on my way. I tried to call Jaehyun and hold tighter to him but I was shocked to find that no one is beside me. My hands were flailing around in the air without being hold by anyone.

"Jaehyun?", my voice was automatically inaudible as the wheelchair stopped right in front of me. "No...", I turned around to run back to the door we entered from earlier. I did not care about other things anymore at this moment. I just want to get out of this haunted house, that's it!