Chapter 12

Jared's POV

"Whoa! Cain had a replica of Kankuro's summoning scroll?"

Behind me, Wren had unfurled the large scroll that had been previously propped up against the bed.

"Too bad it's not the real thing." Wren sighed.

"How'd you know what it was?" I wondered.

Wren shrugged. "I just saw it and thought it looked like it." Her eyes traveled to the dresser which stacks of manga were crammed onto. "Cain really likes Naruto, huh?"

I nodded. Cain had always been into the anime, however lately he had become seemingly fascinated with it; almost as if his life depended upon it.

"Cain go to a school named Dawn?" I glanced behind me to see Casper leaning over something on Cain's desk. He selected a larger paper off the heap to examine closer.

"Hey!" I protested. "Cain's gonna kill me if his stuff is messed with."

"I don't think that applies to this. It looks like a mess up." His eyes never left the page.

"What'cha talking about?" Wren crawled over to her brother and tugged the paper down from his hands. Casper gave her a irritated look but made no move to get it back. I picked myself up, off the bed to join them.

Looking over Wren's shoulder I could see that it was a map. One with a whole lot of cross outs and scribbles, but a map no less. Written and the top in Cain's hurried handwriting was the word Dawn. The sketch below was of his high school, I was sure of it.

Grimacing at Cain's cramped writing I made out what would be the teacher's names and subjects written in their classrooms. And below that was the names... of the Akatsuki members?

I turned to my cousins, confused. Wren was wearing a similar expression, except hers also held what I thought was hope and excitement.

"Does this mean..." I trailed off.

"It better." Wren said with determination as she got up off the floor.

She dug into the piles of stuff on Cain's desk. Shrugging, I figured it wasn't worth stopping her, even if I did face Cain's wrath.

After a minute or so, Wren looked over her shoulder at Casper and I crossly. Neither had made move. I, myself nodding in thought and Casper still on the bed with his eyes closed. I wondered if he was asleep, because it sure looked like he was.

"You two gonna help me or sit there like lazy bums all day?" There was no doubting the irritation in Wren's voice.

"You seem to be handling the searching pretty well yourself." I pointed out.

She huffed and shot me a glare.

"Okay, okay. I'm coming." I unfolded myself and stood, grimacing at the numbness in my legs from sitting too long.

"And you?" Wren sharply asked her brother.

"I was sleeping." Casper grumbled, not opening his eyes.

I blinked. Wait, he really was asleep?

Wren rolled her eyes. "I've given up on you."

Casper smiled sleepily, eyes still closed. "I know."

Wren and I sifted through Cain's mountain of stuff- oh, how he was going to kill us later. I was about to suggest a break when Wren let out a squeal.

I shot her an irritated look. Was that really necessary?

"Look!" She shoved a picture far too close to my face. "It's him!"

I took the photo from her hands and repeated my annoyed expression to her. Turning my gaze to the slip, I studied it's contents. The entire thing was slightly blurred, like the taker had an unsteady hand. A man stood center, his mouth open from talking. He was in his early twenties (from what I could tell), slicked back silver hair, and dark purple eyes. There was no doubting it was Hidan.