Chapter 7

Author's Note: A month. It's been over a month since I last updated. Sigh. I'm really sorry and I hope you all can forgive me for that...

__________________________________________________________

Nami's POV

Wet. Why is my pillow wet? My thoughts drifted in and out of consciousness.

After several minutes of struggling into the waking world I pushed past the curtain of sleep. As I sat up a wave of light headedness washed over me nearly causing me to blackout. I gripped the blanket that covered me, fighting to stay conscious. Once the dizziness had subsided I noticed that the side of my face was also wet. I frowned as I touched my hand to my cheek, my thoughts fuzzy. Water? But where would it co-

I froze as I stared at my fingertips that were covered with a red liquid. Blood. Turning my head I looked at the pillow to see that a large section of it was stained with scarlet.

"Kakashi." I called out, my voice barely more than a whisper.

My vision kept on going in and out of focus, making it hard to think. I tentatively touched my hand to the side of my face again. Pain flooded my through my senses as I felt my fingers brush the scratch I had received yesterday from Konan's traps.

So that is where all the blood came from, I thought. Funny, it was fine last night. Maybe I opened it by rolling around in my sleep.

I got up slowly, trying to avoid fainting from blood loss, grabbed some clothing and made my way down the hall. When I reached the bathroom I glanced in the mirror. At that moment I was glad that I didn't have a phobia of blood, because, if I had one I would have fainted dead away. A large portion of the left side of my face was dripping with scarlet, not to mention my hair was stuck together with dried blood.

I grabbed a wash cloth from one of the drawers and pressed it to the scratch, trying to staunch the bleeding.

I was going to need a long shower. I couldn't help but let out a small sigh as I turned knob to the shower. I already had an enough to worry about and now I need to add myself to the list?

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

I walked down the hall to see Kakashi eating cereal at the kitchen table. My head felt much clearer now that had taken a shower. The bleeding from the scratch had lessened but hadn't stopped.

"Do you have any bandages?" I asked.

Kakashi looked up from his breakfast, his hair back to its normal gravity defying self, and frowned through his mask when he saw me holding the washcloth to my cut. "Yes. Let me get them for you."

After rinsing his cereal bowl in the sink Kakashi tossed me a dish towel. "Use it to help stop the bleeding."

I sat down on the couch and traded out the cloths, grimacing on how raw the wound felt. I noticed that the pillow along with the pillow case I was using were gone. Kakashi must have cleaned them up.

My mind drifted to what my mom would have done if she had seen the cut. Suddenly I felt a pang of homesickness as tears threatened to spill. I missed her. I shook my head slightly. I was not going to look weak in front of a ninja much less the copy-cat ninja.

I looked up to see Kakashi rummaging through the hallway closet. “Kakashi?"

"Hmm?" He didn't take his eyes off of his search.

"What do you think happened to my mother?" I could trace both hesitance and fear in my voice.

Kakashi stopped digging through the closet's selves and looked to the ceiling. "As I told you last night, I don't know."