I huffed and looked away from them all.  "What did you do?"  Itachi shrugged.  "Whatever it is must not be too serious... you're still standing."

I glared at Ryo.  "I'm to be on best behavior for three whole days... he's safe until then."

Aya giggled and pinched my cheeks.  "Oh well, you're cute when you are angry at him... not so much everyone else."

I slapped her hands away.  "What's that supposed to mean?"

She smirked.  "You act like a child, not... well..."

I matched her smirk.  "A bloodthirsty murderer?"  I sighed blissfully.  "Those were the days... do what I want, when I want, no one dared to stand in my way..."

They exchanged a glance, and Ryo knocked on my head.  "Uh... is something broken up there."

I almost lounged, but Itachi snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me to him.  "Stop getting worked up."  I frowned, defeated as he kissed where Ryo hit me.

Ryo chuckled.  "Hey... I may like having you around."

Itachi threw him a deadly glare.  "Don't touch her again."  He paled as I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him.  We arrived at Minato's, and I hesitated at the door.  Itachi raised an eyebrow.  "Scared?"

I huffed and walked in. It was clear Minato hadn't slept.  "Minato... is everything..."

He looked up and smiled.  "Good, you're here.  Maybe you can talk to her."

I pointed at my chest.  "Me? The horrible other half?  You're kidding, right?"

He looked at his wit's end.  "Kunoichi, she won't speak to me... or anyone else for that matter."

I frowned.  "Izumi?"  He shook his head, and I sighed dramatically.  "Just so you know, I'm supposed to behave... this is the epitome of not behaving."  I walked into Chihiro's room and threw open the door.  "Alright, get up!"

I pulled all of the covers off the bed, and she sat up glaring.  "What do you want?"

I shrugged, sitting in a chair backward, facing her.  "What's your problem?"

I never knew someone's eyes could get so big or angry, but somehow, she managed it.  "Excuse me?!  My problem?!"

I raised an eyebrow.  "That's what I said.  Your problem."

She stood abruptly.  "What right do you have to come in here asking what my problem is?!  I sat here and watched everyone when they thought you died!  I tried to pick up the broken pieces, but no, it took you showing up half dead for them to get over it! Then I'm kidnapped by your ex... husband? Lover?  What ever the fuck he is!"

I felt my anger flare, but kept it in check.  She really wants to play dirty?  "Oh, Madara? Yeah, he's just some old flame.  Did he treat you well?"

She grabbed me by my collar and pulled me up.  I put my hand towards the door creating a barrier.  Let's play. 

I was fully aware everyone was standing the door now.  "Treat me well?!  He fucking kidnapped me!  All to get to you!"

I sneered in her face.  "So... he didn't force you into marriage? Molest you?  Rape you?"

Her shock was evident.  "Kunoichi, that's not..."

She dropped me and I landed lightly on my feet.  "No?  Because let's be honest... I risked falling into his little trap and reliving that nightmare all over again to save you, Chihiro."

I pushed her on the bed more for the convenience of my height than anything else.  "And guess what?  You can do whatever you want to me.  Hate me, slander me, erase me if that's what you want.  I will always come to your aid because I would never want you to experience that.  I love you too much for it."

She lowered her gaze.  "Now, get your shit together and thank the others who came to your aid because they didn't have to... they risked their lives for you.  Oh, and your little friend, Izumi?  Where was she?"  I lowered the barrier and walked out.  "There... she's your problem now."

Everyone was dumbfounded as I walked out the door.  I knew I needed distance and fast.  I made it out to the clearing and looked behind me.  "It's safe, Uchiha."  He slowly walked out, unsure about what to do.  "That may have been a bit much... the others didn't know about that."

He sighed.  "What she said... it was a low blow..."

I smiled at him sadly.  "Her emotions are all over the place... that was the closest she's gotten to that time... she'll have to face them alone this time."

He shook his head.  "We are all here for her. She'll come around."

I nodded and looked at the sky, assessing where my own emotions were.  "Okay... I think I'm ready to go back."  He nodded and took my hand, drawing circles into it as we approached the house.  Chihiro was reduced to tears on the couch, and I released Itachi's hand and went to her.

I knelt in front of her, placing my elbows on her knees to prop my head in my hands.  "Look, I get you're got a lot going on right now, but this is unattractive."

She looked up at me, and a giggle bubbled out.  "Well, we can't all come out of an all-out slaughter unscathed."

I smirked.  "Yeah... be pretty awesome if we could, though."

She hugged me, and I hesitated before returning it.  "I'm sorry, it's just... so much."

I peeled her off of me and grimaced.  "Really... let's get the water works under control first, 'kay?"

She giggled again and grabbed the tissue I offered.  "Yeah..."

She finished wiping away the residue, and I shook my head, still frowning.  "You go take a whole shower... I'll be here."

She rolled her eyes but complied.  Minato looked at me curiously.  "That's not very nice."

I shrugged.  "She doesn't expect me to be nice. She expects me to be real and to sometimes give her the next step.  After a cry like that, you need one of two things, if not both.  A shower and sleep, just trust my process. It tends to work."  Now, let the healing begin...