05.31.2290 - As Always

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it." - Benjamin Franklin

Stretching one arm up into the air and rolling over in his bed he smacked his lips in preparation to wake up. Glancing to his left he noticed the slim figure of a woman. Perfect, he thought to himself. It wasn't the first time he had ended up sleeping with some random woman. Although, this one was cuter than normal, maybe he could give her a nicer send off than the others. Standing up he grabbed his worn old-world denims and slipped them on.

"Come back here," the woman mumbled.

"Maybe later," Nate replied grinning. Reaching into his clothes like that he kept on the ground he pulled out a random t-shirt and the NCR jacket that had become his life. Reaching over to the table that was on the right side of his tent he grabbed the half-full bottle of liquor leftover from last night. Pushing open the flap that separated his privacy from the Mojave he was met with that ever-harsh glare of light. Taking a swig of the alcohol he headed towards the captain's tent to receive his orders for the day.

"You're late Forger." The brown-haired bearded captain said as Nate entered his tent.

"You know me Cap, I had a friend with me last night," Nate grinned at the captain taking another swig of liquor.

Standing up quickly the captain leaned over his desk and slapped the alcohol out of Nate's hand.  "Damn it!  This isn't a joke kid, we didn't rescue you six years ago just so you could drink and sex your life away."

A serious demeanor crossed Nate's face, "I didn't ask to be rescued."

"Your brother would have wanted better for you," the captain muttered.

"What did you just say to me?" Nate whispered menacingly.

"You heard me," the captain said, straightening up, "now get the hell out of my camp."

With a look that could kill Nate stared the captain in the face and spit at him, "my pleasure."  Quickly Nate turned around pushed the tent flap open and headed off into the mojave...

The startled NCR recruit came into the captain's tent looking confused as he just witnessed a soldier storm out of there.  "Sir?" The man asked questioningly.

"He'll back, same as always..." the captain said nodding silently to himselft.