1.1.2291 - A Brave New World

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - John F. Kennedy

Perhaps it was imagination but as the air exploded in clouds of dusts and sparks around him Nate could've sworn he heard the classic tones of Frank Sinatra ringing through his ears. As the bars of Fly Me To the Moon floated through his ears he witnessed the mangled body of an NCR recruit whiz through the air. Turning his head to the other side he saw what had caused the poor man's demise. A monstrosity of seven feet, the giant liquid metal hybrid man frightened him. Protruding from one arm was a gargantuan laser cannon that appeared to come from the thing's body, on the other arm was a giant silvery metal blade which also appeared to come from the body. It's face was some way between what appeared to be a man and the helmet of a suit of power armor; in fact, the whole thing was a sort of metamorphosis of man and machine. Although, it all seemed to be one solid piece of steel.

As if noticing him for the first time, the creature turned to face Nate. He couldn't have been a pretty sight. Nate was lying sideways tied up in a chair with his bruised face pressed up against the cold metal of the floor. While the thing picked him up to deliver the final blow, Nate couldn't help but reminisce on the last six hours...