six

⁀➷

⁀➷

Florence never had a set time and day where she went to the market in order to stock up her fridge for future meals, but it wasn't hard for Steve to figure out which day she would be going since he usually kept his eyes on her in case anything went wrong.

So after Florence left the house with her own reusable bag because that was the sort of person she was, Steve rushed to take off his pelt and hide it. He grabbed the same clothes hidden in that box with glasses and a baseball hat.

He thought he was being slick, and while most people wouldn't glance twice at him in that disguise, it truly was a terrible disguise.

She wasn't dressed up, but still, her rolled-up sweatpants, plain t-shirt, and flip-flops made him smile.

He simply followed her around wherever she went, attempting to blend in and not catch her eye. He wanted to make sure no one would hurt her, and while the town was civil, there were too many tourists in search of seals and swimming in the clear waters.

She was stocking up on groceries and backtracked when she spotted a melon. She smiled at that and giggled. She rarely invested in melons since they weren't her favorite fruit, but she decided to buy one anyway. She spent a while at the booth, picking out what she deemed to be the perfect melon at that cart.

Steve noticed and couldn't help but chuckle because he was certain the melon was meant to smite him. It made his heart swell at the fact that she thought of him. He was jumping to conclusions, but he was sure the melon was because of him.

Once she picked her melon and paid for it, she continued through the market, buying more essential groceries before deciding she had enough for the day. She turned back and began walking back to the house. Steve took a quicker route in order to beat her there so she wouldn't be able to see him digging up his pelt.

By the time she arrived at her house, Steve was waiting on her doorstep with a goofy smile on his face.

"Hello, Melon-ball," she greeted. "Hope you weren't waiting too long."

He barked.

She held up her bags. "I just got back from food shopping, and boy, do I have a gift for you. Have you ever seen a melon?"